FSpS:nk4056 Science & Sport - Course Information
nk4056 Science and SportFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 7/7/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Martin Zvonař, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Michal Kumstát, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Martin Zvonař, Ph.D.
Department of Kinesiology - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Kinesiology - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Fri 21. 2. 13:00–14:40 B11/235, Fri 28. 2. 8:25–10:05 B11/236, Fri 27. 3. 15:55–18:25 B11/311
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Strength and Conditioning Training (programme FSpS, N-KTAK) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to broaden the theoretical knowledge needed in the planning, preparation, realization of independent research projects with kinantropological topic.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course students will be able to:
1. orientate in sports science scientific literature;
2.describe current opportunities (grant agencies) of research activities;
3. Understand the language of the project calls;
4. characterize basic types of research in sport;
5. Assess the criteria for evaluating science;
6. Create a complete research scientific project.
- Current grant opportunities, grant agencies in the Czech Republic and abroad
- preparation of a research project (drafting circumstances, ethics committee for research, evaluation criteria - PEDRO scale, Oxford quality scoring system, ...);
- Targeting research to adequate levels
- assessment criteria (RIV points, H-index, SJR index, WoS, citation indices, ...);
- working with WoS, Research Gate, ORCID, how to navigate and what scientific media it serves;
- types of research in sport examples of research carried out at FSPS.
- work with scientific texts;
- complete realization of a simple research project, its preparation, processing (team work - about 3 groups after 5), realization, analysis of results, formulation of conclusions and presentation of results in the final block of teaching.
- recommended literature
- HENDL, Jan and Jiří REMR. Metody výzkumu a evaluace. Vydání první. Praha: Portál, 2017. 372 stran. ISBN 9788026211921. info
- PUNCH, Keith. Základy kvantitativního šetření. Translated by Jan Hendl. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2008. 150 s. ISBN 9788073673819. info
- not specified
- Projektové výzvy grantových agentur v ČR
- Teaching methods
- theoretical lectures and practically based seminars
- Assessment methods
- scientific project realization
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials