FSpS:p982 PE - Squash - Course Information
p982 Physical Education - SquashFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PaedDr. Milan Müller (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zora Svobodová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Jarmila Titzová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Zora Svobodová, Ph.D.
University Sport Centre - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Zora Svobodová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: University Sport Centre - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- p982/1: Tue 8:00–9:00 squash centrum Černohorská 20/22, Z. Svobodová
p982/2: Tue 9:00–10:00 squash centrum Černohorská 20/22, Z. Svobodová
p982/3: Tue 10:00–11:00 squash centrum Černohorská 20/22, Z. Svobodová
p982/4: Thu 8:00–9:00 squash centrum Černohorská 20/22, Z. Svobodová
p982/5: Thu 9:00–10:00 squash centrum Černohorská 20/22, Z. Svobodová
p982/6: Thu 10:00–11:00 squash centrum Černohorská 20/22, Z. Svobodová
p982/7: Fri 8:00–9:00 squash centrum Černohorská 20/22
p982/8: Fri 9:00–10:00 squash centrum Černohorská 20/22
p982/9: Fri 10:00–11:00 squash centrum Černohorská 20/22
The course is geared for obligatory PE only.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The main goals of the educational process involve: - the improvement of the locomotive abilities and fitness - the impact on the positive approach towards sports activities considered as the protection against conflicts, civilization diseases and stress - the support of students healthy lifestyle Squash is a rocket sport siutable for beginners as well as advanced players. It is demanding for the fitness and coordination. Students are divided into groups according to the level of their skills. Beginners: no previous squash training is required, but an active attitude towards the sport is welcome. Intermediate: the basic squash skills and the acquaintance of the rules are required.
- Students are divided into the groups of beginners and intermadiates. The beginners course fouses on the training of the basic squash strokes, the movement on the court and the introduction of the game rules. The intermediates course specializes in mastering of basic skills and their use in various game situations, in practising of different game combinations. It also introduces the basic methodology and the rules for the intermediate.
- ŠÁCHA, Dominik. Jak dokonale zvládnout squash. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2006. 99 s. ISBN 8024714620. info
- SÜSS, Vladimír and Petra FOŘTEROVÁ. Squash : technika, trénink, výběr z pravidel. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2003. 101 s. ISBN 8024704773. info
- POKORNÝ, Miloš. Zahrajte si squash. 1. vyd. Praha: Nakladatelství CNC, 2003. 95 s. ISBN 80-86589-01-3. info
- CABALLERO, Ernesto. Squash. Madrid: Antonio Machado, 1989. 58 s. ISBN 8476440456. info
- Teaching methods
- practise exercises
- Assessment methods
- Tutorial assessed with a credit The credit is given to students for the attendance of a certain quality: more than 50% of the direct attendance is required - 1 possible absence without apology - 2 more possible absences with the list of apology - 3 more lessons can be compensated during the examination time
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
General note: U studentů se předpokládá, vlastní raketa,vhodná obuv na antuku a do haly,sportovní úbor.