FSS:VPL102 Social Policy - Course Information
VPL102 Social PolicyFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Tomáš Sirovátka, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ondřej Hora, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Markéta Horáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Josef Horňáček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Roman Baláž, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Tomáš Sirovátka, CSc.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Wed 14:00–15:40 U32
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! VPLb1102 Social Policy && ! NOWANY ( VPLb1102 Social Policy )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 90 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 2/90, only registered: 1/90
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 30 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to equip the students with the knowledge of the objectives, functions, principles, instruments and effects of social policy, about the social and economic factors which influence its development, about the actual problems and solutions adopted in the Czech Republic and in abroad. The students should understand the processes of forming social policy, the role of various actors in this process, understand various effects of social policy and to acquire the principles of analysis social policies. They also should gain the prerequisites for finding socially and economically suitable solutions of social problems. Learning outcomes after completing the course the students - will understand the goals and functions of social policy - will understand the links between goals and instruments of social policy - will understand the links between the instruments and effects of social policy - will be able to analyse use of the instruments from the above aspects - will be able to suggest suitable solutions
- 1 Social processes and social policy, the welfare state and its functions 2 Principles and objectives of social policy 3 Welfare state, its typology, ste stages of development 4 Social policy as policy making process, effects of social policy 5 Social risks and social protection 6 Social assistance 7 Social insurance 8 Prevention of social problesm: labour market policy 9 Social development and human capital: health policy education policy 10 Family policy 11 Housing policy 12 International institutions and conventions, social policy in the EU, OMC, harmonisation of social protection systems
- Esping-Andersen, G.: The Three Worlds of Welfare Capitalism 1990. Princeton: P. Univ.Press, s. 9-38. In Sociologický časopis, 1991, č. 5. (s.. 545-567)
- Durdisová J., Kotýnková, M., Krebs V., Poláková O., Žižková J., Vlček, M. : Sociální politika. Praha, ASPI 2002,
- Flora P., Heidenheimer A.J: The Development of Welfare States in Europe and America .New Brunswick, Transaction Publishers 1990, s. 22-28, 37-48, 383-387.
- Sirovátka T. (ed.) Česká sociální politika na prahu 21. století. Efektivnost, selhávání, legitimita. Brno: Masarykova univerzita 2000
- Potůček M.: Sociální politika. Praha, SLON 1995.
- Teaching methods
- feadback to seminar paper, lectures, discussion, reading
- Assessment methods
- 2 tests, 5 questions each, points seminar paper exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2020/VPL102