FSS:ZURd0010 Communication of findings - Course Information
ZURd0010 Communication of scientific findingsFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 10 credit(s) (from 5 credits increase by 5). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Hana Macháčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lenka Dědková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. David Šmahel, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Marie Bedrošová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Hana Macháčková, Ph.D.
Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
- Thu 8:00–9:40 U43
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 20/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Media and journalism studies (programme FSS, D-MZS_)
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on deepening student knowledge and passing on practical experience associated with writing technical reports and presenting research findings. By the end of the course the student will have acquired the basic knowledge needed for successfully participating in the publishing process, and more specifically, will have acquired skills related to academic writing, understanding the logic of the publication process, as well as an overview of the possibilities behind grant financing. By completing the course, the doctoral candidates' competencies related to the creation and publication of academic texts and a presentation of their own scientific work in specialized journals and conferences will be enhanced.
- Learning outcomes
- The course develops learning outcomes No.1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The student will attend mandatory seminar sessions. The credit is awarded, upon the successful completion of the seminars.
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association. Sixth edition. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association, 2010. xviii, 272. ISBN 9781433805622. info
- STRUNK, William. The elements of style. 4th ed. New York: Longman, 2000. xviii, 105. ISBN 020530902X. info
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga and Alena MILTOVÁ. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách :několik zásad pro začátečníky. Vyd. 1. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2005. 209 s. ISBN 8086429407. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture and seminar
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2021/ZURd0010