FSS:ZURd0010 Communication of findings - Course Information
ZURd0010 Communication of scientific findingsFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Hana Macháčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. David Šmahel, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lenka Dědková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Hana Macháčková, Ph.D.
Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on deepening student knowledge and passing on practical experience associated with writing technical reports and presenting research findings. By the end of the course the student will have acquired the basic knowledge needed for successfully participating in the publishing process, and more specifically, will have acquired skills related to academic writing, understanding the logic of the publication process, as well as an overview of the possibilities behind grant financing. By completing the course, the doctoral candidates' competencies related to the creation and publication of academic texts and a presentation of their own scientific work in specialized journals and conferences will be enhanced.
- Learning outcomes
- The course develops learning outcomes No.1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The student will attend mandatory seminar sessions, in which their training and knowledge are continuously assessed. The credit is awarded, upon the successful completion of the seminars.
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association. Sixth edition. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association, 2010. xviii, 272. ISBN 9781433805622. info
- STRUNK, William. The elements of style. 4th ed. New York: Longman, 2000. xviii, 105. ISBN 020530902X. info
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga and Alena MILTOVÁ. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách :několik zásad pro začátečníky. Vyd. 1. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2005. 209 s. ISBN 8086429407. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture and seminar
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2020/ZURd0010