FSS:SPRn8800 Thesis - Course Information
SPRn8800 Thesis WorkshopFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Libor Musil, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Sirovátka, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- The course is enrolled in the semester when student plans submit his or her final work. Submitting final work elaborated in accordance with the assignment in predetermined date is prerequisite for credit recognition.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 10 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to give students opportunity to make their own research and to present its results by their final work. At the end of the course, students should be able to final work in accordance with the theoretical, methodological and formal expectations of the discipline.
- Learning outcomes
- Write diploma thesis according to the professional standard of the field; Apply the principles of research methodology; To know and apply the formal requirements of the professional style of all the principles of quoting a professional text; Apply in practice ethical standards to scientific research;
- The course is devoted to the following topics and issues:
- 1. Empirical research.
- 2. Interpretation of findings in terms of relevant research questions.
- 3. Presentation of research results by means of academic text.
- Jak se vyrábí sociologická znalost :příručka pro uživatele. Edited by Miroslav Disman. 3. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2000. 374 s. ISBN 80-246-0139-7. info
- Teaching methods
- The learning outcomes of the course will be attained by means of following teaching methods: 1. Making original research (including elaborating theoretical a methodical design, collecting empirical information and interpreting it) by student. 2. Expressing information on research process and research results by thesis writing in accordance with academic manners of arguing by student. 3. Individual consultation by thesis supervisor.
- Assessment methods
- The course consists in individual consultations with the tutor, doing empirical part of the research, interpreting data and elaborating the text of the final work. The course is completed by credit which is preconditioned by handing in the final work in accordance with the theoretical, methodological and formal expectations of the Department of social policy and social work.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
General note: Tento předmět/kurs studenti zapisují v semestru, kdy chtějí odevzdat diplomovou práci. Podmínkou udělení zápočtu je odevzdání práce v předepsaném termínu a v souladu s jejím zadáním.