FSS:SPR898 Thesis Methodology - Course Information
SPR898 Thesis MethodologyFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Libor Musil, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Kateřina Kubalčíková, Ph.D.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Sat 20. 10. 9:30–14:50 P24
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( SPR899 Conceptualization )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- 1. Students become known with theoretical, methodological and formal expectations of the Department of social policy and social work concerning final works of the students. 2. The second aim of the course is to support students in designing their basic research questions. At the end of the course, students should be able to present their basic research question and to explain how the results of final work should promote solution of the specific problem in practice
- The course is devoted to the following topics and issues:
- 1. Formal procedure of elaborating final work.
- 2. The design of final work in terms of research methodology.
- 3. Designing text of final work.
- 4. Stating “problem”.
- 5. Designing basic research question.
- Jak se vyrábí sociologická znalost :příručka pro uživatele. Edited by Miroslav Disman. 3. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2000. 374 s. ISBN 80-246-0139-7. info
- Teaching methods
- The course consists in lectures and group consultations on formulating the problem and defining basic research questions in terms of the problem.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed by credit which is preconditioned by handing in the problem statement and the basic research question.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.