FSS:VPLn4581 Conceptualization - Course Information
VPLn4581 Conceptualization of Master ThesisFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Tomáš Sirovátka, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Tomáš Sirovátka, CSc.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- ! VPL581 Conceptualization && ! NOWANY ( VPL581 Conceptualization )
The course is enrolled in that semester when subject of final work is submitted.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- On successful completion of the course student will be able to give theoretical reasons to their partial research questions which consist with the research question.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will provide the objective of the thesis in terms of new knowledge and application of the knowledge in practice, the research question and partial research questions that correspond to the objective of the thesis, and the theoretical arguments behind them.
- The course is devoted to the following topics and issues:
- 1. Identifying concepts used in designing the basic research question.
- 2. Defining concepts consistent with the intended meaning of the basic research question
- 3. Defining partial research questions and elaborating theoretical arguments supporting their design.
- Jak se vyrábí sociologická znalost :příručka pro uživatele. Edited by Miroslav Disman. 3. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2000. 374 s. ISBN 80-246-0139-7. info
- Teaching methods
- The learning outcome of the course will be attained by means of following teaching methods: 1. elaborating and giving theoretical reasons to partial research questions by student, 2. individual consultation by thesis supervisor.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed by credit which is preconditioned by handing in the first draft of theoretical part of the final work to the thesis supervisor. The draft is assessed in terms of following abilities of the student: 1. defining key theoretical concepts of the final work in accordance with the sense of research question, 2. elaborating as well as give theoretical reasons to partial research questions consistent with research question.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.