PrF:BS505K Social Security Law I - Course Information
BS505K Social Security Law for Bachelors IFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 12/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- JUDr. Jakub Halíř, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Jan Horecký, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Jaroslav Stránský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Milan Galvas, CSc. (seminar tutor)
JUDr. Jana Komendová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michal Blažek (assistant)
Mgr. Roman Zapletal (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- JUDr. Jan Horecký, Ph.D.
Department of Labour Law and Social Security Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Zuzana Suchá
Supplier department: Department of Labour Law and Social Security Law - Faculty of Law
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! OBOR ( PR ) && ! OBOR ( PR01 ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - VS )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Social Security Law (programme PrF, B-PSP)
- Course objectives
- Social Security Law deals with the fundamental issues in creating and implementing the social security system in its broadest sense of the term. It focuses on the health insurance system, the sickness insurance system, the pension insurance system, the state social benefit scheme and the social assistance system. In the end of this course students should be able to comprehend the system of social security; be able to understand the specific features of its functioning; be able to solve the particular social situations of natural persons by using the legal regulation.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course student will be able to:
- understand the system of social security law;
- understand tha basic principles of the health insurance system, the sickness insurance system, the pension insurance system, the state social benefit scheme and the social assistance system;
- identify the link between social situation and social benefit.
- The subject, the system and the sources of Social Security Law; The fundamental principles of Social Security Law; The functions of Social Security Law; The legal relations of Social Security; The health insurance; The sickness insurance - persons covered, matters covered, the different benefits
- required literature
- GREGOROVÁ, Zdeňka, Milan GALVAS, Jana KOMENDOVÁ, Jaroslav STRÁNSKÝ and Jitka ČERNÁ. Právo sociálního zabezpečení České republiky a Evropské unie. 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2018. Edice Učebnice Právnické fakulty MU, sv. č. 538. ISBN 978-80-210-8842-9. info
- recommended literature
- KOLDINSKÁ, Kristina and Petr TRÖSTER. Právo sociálního zabezpečení. 7., podstatně přepracovan. V Praze: C.H. Beck, 2018. xxvi, 289. ISBN 9788074006920. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures with Power Point presentations; discussion, presentation of case law
- Assessment methods
- Elaboration of written thesis and its defence at colloquium.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2020/BS505K