PrF:BT601Zk Basics of Criminology - Course Information
BT601Zk Basics of Criminology, Penology and Forensic AnthropologyFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 12/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. JUDr. Josef Kuchta, CSc. (lecturer)
JUDr. Eva Brucknerová, Ph.D. (assistant)
Gabriela Paulová (assistant)
Kristina Štůlová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Josef Kuchta, CSc.
Department of Criminal Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Jana Dopitová
Supplier department: Department of Criminal Law - Faculty of Law
- Thu 25. 2. 12:00–13:40 124, 14:00–15:40 124, Fri 26. 2. 12:00–13:40 124, 14:00–15:40 124, Fri 26. 3. 12:00–13:40 124, 14:00–15:40 124
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! OBOR ( PR ) && ! OBOR ( PR01 ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - VS )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Theory and Practice of Criminal Procedure (programme PrF, B-PSP)
- Theory and Practice of Criminal and Administrative Procedure (programme PrF, B-VS)
- Theory and Practice of Criminal and Administratice Proced (programme PrF, TPTSP_)
- Course objectives
- Criminology general and specific part of the foundations of victimology, penology, social prevention. The aim is to have an overview of the status and tasks of criminology in society, to get familiar with the crimimal methods research the causes and prevention of various types of crime. At the end of the course students should be able identificate the criminology problems in the practice and will obtain the ability to think about their own criminological recommendations for criminological theory and practice and formulate them.
- General criminology, the subjekt, matter of research methods, personality offenders, statistics, the causes and conditions of crime. Study of the victims, the performance and effective punishment. Crime prevention. The causes and prevention of various types and categories of crime.
- required literature
- VÁLKOVÁ, Helena, Josef KUCHTA and Jana HULMÁKOVÁ. Základy kriminologie a trestní politiky. 3. vydání. V Praze: C.H. Beck, 2019. xxx, 585. ISBN 9788074007323. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures in the scope of twelve hours in semestr. In the framework of the lectures solve of practical problems. Class discussions. Lectures of the experts from practice. No homework.
- Assessment methods
- Teaching is in the form of consultations and seminars, culminating in promotion oral exam. Emphasis is placed on examples of practice and work with statistics, teaching are invited specialists from praxis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2021/BT601Zk