PrF:BV202Zk History of Criminal Law - Course Information
BV202Zk The History of Criminal LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 12/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. JUDr. Ladislav Vojáček, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. JUDr. Ladislav Vojáček, CSc.
Department of the History of the State and Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Zuzana Suchá
Supplier department: Department of the History of the State and Law - Faculty of Law
- Fri 19. 3. 8:00–9:40 133, 16:00–17:40 133, 18:00–19:40 133, Fri 23. 4. 8:00–9:40 133, 10:00–11:40 133, Fri 28. 5. 18:00–19:40 133
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! OBOR ( PR ) && ! OBOR ( PR01 ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - VS )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 90 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 90/90, only registered: 8/90, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/90
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The students should be able to:
define specifics of ancient and medieval criminal laws in the beginning of the development of the state;
understand the process of the criminal law formation as a public law discipline;
explain the reasons of changes in the understanding of the punishment purposes;
explain the reasons of changes of the ways of punishment;
describe individual criminal approaches from 18th to 20th cents.
- I. Development of Medieval Criminal Law in Czech Lands.
- A. Criminal law in 11th - 18th centuries,
- B. Criminal proceedings in 11th - 18th centuries.
- II.Development of Modern Criminal Law in Czech Lands and in Czechoslovakia.
- A. Criminal law in 19th - 20th centuries in Czech Lands.
- B. Criminal substantive law in Czechoslovakia.
- C. Criminal proceedings in 19th - 20th centuries in Czech Lands.
- D. Criminal procedure in Czechoslovakia.
- required literature
- Karel Schelle, Ladislav Vojáček: Z dějin moderního trestního práva (Učební text pro studenty Masarykovy univerzity). Ostrava: KEY Publishing 2020, 70 stran. ISNB 978-80-7418-333-1.
- recommended literature
- VLČEK, Eduard. Dějiny trestního práva v českých zemích a v Československu. Vyd. 1. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1993. 67 s. ISBN 8021007915. info
- Teaching methods
- In the classes lectures are held.
- Assessment methods
- There is a written final exam at the end of the semester (paper - student conceive the answers, 60% of them must be correct).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2021/BV202Zk