PrF:DO1RIPR02 Sources of Roman Law I. - Course Information
DO1RIPR02 Sources of Roman Law I.Faculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- JUDr. Mgr. Radek Černoch, Ph.D. et Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. JUDr. Pavel Salák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Pavel Salák, Ph.D.
Department of the History of the State and Law - Faculty of Law
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Roman Law (programme PrF, DPRP_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on the ancient sources of Roman Law of the preclassical, classical and postclassical period. Apart from legal sources, it also deals with non-legal ones. The course focuses mainly on written sources.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to ;
Gain an overview of legal and literary sources of the period in question;
Find appropriate sources for their thesis topic;
Analyse specific sources ;
Determine the credibility of sources;
Apply the knowledge about sources in order to find materials for their thesis topic;
- 1.Leges regiae and LDT
- 2.Pre-classical sources
- 3.Classical law and it´s sources
- 4. POst-Classical law and it´s sources
- 5. Narativ sources
- required literature
- Fontes iuris romani antejustiniani. Pars altera, Auctores, Leges saeculares. Florentiae: G. Barbèra, 1908.
- recommended literature
- RICCOBONO, Salvatore. Fontes iuris romani antejustiniani. Pars prima, Leges. Florentiae: G. Barbèra, 1908.
- OTONDI, Giovanni. Leges publicae populi romani: elenco cronologico con una introduzione sull'attivita legislativa dei comizi romani. Milano: Società editrice libraria, 1912.
- Teaching methods
- As a teaching method, there is an individual study of assigned expert literature and eventually individual expert consultations with lecturers.
- Assessment methods
- The research of sources on the given topic and discussion over these sources.
- Language of instruction
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2022/DO1RIPR02