LF:BLKPP011c First Aid - practice - Course Information
BLKPP011c First Aid - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Lukáš Dadák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Vladimír Šrámek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Václav Zvoníček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Ivan Čundrle, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martin Helán, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Miloš Chobola (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Lukáš Růžek (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Pavel Suk, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Dagmar Skácelová (assistant)
- MUDr. Lukáš Dadák, Ph.D.
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MUDr. Lukáš Dadák, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, students should be able to:
understand basic vital signs;
provide Basic Cardiac Life Support according to ERC guidelines 2015;
provide first aid including wound dressing, transport and vital signs monitoring.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- carry out primary and secondary survay of the patient;
- show 1 minute of basic life support on the model of adult;
- show 1 minute of basic life support on the model of child;
- to provide first aid to the unconscious and conscious victim.
- communicate with the conscious patient.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation; Examination of the casualty. Basic vital functions. Breathing disorders, apnea, airway obstruction. Airway management, artificial ventilation. Cardiac arrest, circulation failure. Chest compressions, precordial thrust, cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- CPR in children.
- Bleeding external, internal. Wounds. Bleeding management. Shock, treatment. Fainting, fatigue.
- Fractures, injuries of joints and muscles - Treatment, immobilisation skills, splints, positioning.
- required literature
- AUSTIN, Margaret, Rudy CRAWFORD and Vivien J. ARMSTRONG. První pomoc : autorizovaná příručka organizací St John Ambulance, St Andrew's First Aid a British Red Cross. Translated by Petr Stříbrný. V Praze: Slovart, 2015. 288 stran. ISBN 9788073913861. info
- recommended literature
- AUSTIN, Margaret, Rudy CRAWFORD and Barry KLAASSEN. First aid manual : the Authorised Manual of St John Ambulance, St Andrew's First Aid and the British Red Cross. Revised 10th edition. London: DK, 2016. 288 stran. ISBN 9780241241233. info
- Teaching methods
- Class exercises.
- Assessment methods
- Class exercises are obliged. MCQ test - student must pass well at least 85% of questions.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: V podzimním semestru 2018 není předmět na LF otevřen.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 6.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2018/BLKPP011c