LF:BPFA0321c Pharmacology I - practice - Course Information
BPFA0321c Pharmacology I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PharmDr. Jan Juřica, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Lenka Součková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PharmDr. Ondřej Zendulka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petra Amchová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Ladislava Bartošová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. MVDr. Leoš Landa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Merhautová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kristýna Nosková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Adriána Papiež, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Pistovčáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PharmDr. Jana Rudá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Jitka Rychlíčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D.
Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Renata Bláblová
Supplier department: Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 17. 9. 10:00–12:30 A11/211, Mon 24. 9. 10:00–12:30 A11/211, Mon 1. 10. 10:00–12:30 A11/211, Mon 8. 10. 10:00–12:30 A11/211, Mon 15. 10. 10:00–12:30 A11/211, Mon 22. 10. 10:00–12:30 A11/211, Mon 29. 10. 10:00–12:30 A11/211, Mon 5. 11. 10:00–12:30 A11/211, Mon 12. 11. 10:00–12:30 A11/211, Mon 19. 11. 10:00–12:30 A11/211
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BPBC011p Biochemistry and Hematol.-lec
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-PA)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is knowledge of the basic terminology of pharmacology. Students will know what the principles of drug prescription are and where to find the drug information sources. They will be able to recognize main drug classes and pharmacological profiles of representative drugs from groups of drugs selected in the curriculum.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student knows:
single pharmacoterapeutical drug clases
single drug dosage forms
the differences in particular routes of administration of drugs
the modes of action, adverse reactions and basic indications of single drugs
the pharmacotherapy in pregnancy and post-partum conditions
PHARMACOLOGY PRACTICAL COURSES
- MIDWIFE BPFA0321c,
- (autumn semester of academic year 2018/2019)
- Lessons: 1st - 10th week - Monday 10:00- 12:30 (3 hr), Dpt. of Pharmacology, UKB A11/211
- 1st lesson (17.9.): Drug life-cycle: sources, research, and development of new drugs, registration, pharmacovigilance. Legislation on drugs and medical preparations. Information on drugs. Drug databases (SÚKL, AISLP, EMA). Adverse drug reactions.
- 2nd lesson (24.9.): Pharmacodynamics. Pharmacology of vegetative nervous system.
- 3rd lesson (1.10.): Basics of pharmacokinetics.
- 4th lesson (8.10.): Drug dosage forms and routes of administration. Prescription of drugs. Narcotic and psychotropic agents. Drug interactions. Test topics 1. - 3.
- 5th lesson (15.10.): Opioid analgesics. NSAIDs. Spasmolytics.
- 6th lesson (22.10.): Antibiotics. Antiseptics. Disinfectants.
- 7th lesson (29.10.): Pharmacology of allergic reactions – H1-antihistamines. Antiasthmatics. Test topics 4.-6.
- 8th lesson (5.11.): Pharmacology of cardiovascular system. Drugs affecting blood clotting.
- 9th lesson (12.11): Sex hormones. Hormone replacement therapy.
- 10th lesson (19.11.): Tocolytics. Uterotonics Test topics 7.-9.
- required literature
- MARTÍNKOVÁ, Jiřina. Farmakologie pro studenty zdravotnických oborů. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2007. 379 s. ISBN 9788024713564. info
- MÁCHALOVÁ, Alena, Zuzana BABINSKÁ, Jan JUŘICA, Gabriela DOVRTĚLOVÁ, Hana KOSTKOVÁ, Leoš LANDA, Jana MERHAUTOVÁ, Kristýna NOSKOVÁ, Tibor ŠTARK, Katarína TABI, Jana PISTOVČÁKOVÁ and Ondřej ZENDULKA. Farmakologie pro studenty bakalářských oborů na LF MU (Pharmacology for students of bachelor's programmes at FoM MU). 2016. 397 pp. URL info
- recommended literature
- LÜLLMANN, Heinz, Klaus MOHR and Lutz HEIN. Barevný atlas farmakologie. Translated by Maxmilián Wenke - Elfrída Mühlbachová. 3. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2007. xi, 372. ISBN 9788024716725. info
- MACH, Ivan. Doplňky stravy na našem trhu. Vyd. 1. Praha: Svoboda Servis, 2006. 118 s. ISBN 8086320464. info
- Vybrané kapitoly z učebnice: http://books.google.cz/books?id=7lNQpLuETq4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=farmakologie&lr=&as_brr=3#PPA4,M1
- Vybrané kapitoly z učebnice: http://books.google.cz/books?ct=result&q=farmakologie&lr=&as_brr=3&sa=N&start=0
- Teaching methods
- According to schedule given students are expected to attend lectures and practicals provided by pharmacology teacher. Students are expected to play active role during a lesson and show interest in a topic. There will be required specific topics prepared as homework and presented by students.
- Assessment methods
- The students have to prove the active knowledge of pharmacology. The students have to pass multiple-choice written revision tests to get credits. Each test contains 10 questions. One point is granted for each correctly answered question. Students have to score at least 3 points from each test and score at least 10 points from all tests together to get credits. The test cannot be repeated. To obtain the credit, it is necessary to draw up an independent student work. The points reached over the minimum value are added to the score of the final exam test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2018/BPFA0321c