LF:BVVP0422c Nutrition in health promotion - Course Information
BVVP0422c Nutrition in health promotion and public health II - exercisesFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kamila Jančeková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Halina Matějová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Veronika Suchodolová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc.
Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MVDr. Halina Matějová
Supplier department: Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 9:40–12:20 A21/112
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BVVP0321p Nutrition in health promotion and public health I - lecture && BVVP0321c Nutrition in health promotion and public health I - exercises
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Nutritive therapist (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- The subject is focused on issue of public nutrition and nutrition of population groups of healthy individuals. It is aimed on the relation of nutrition and health, nutrition in etiology and prevention of non-infectious diseases with common occurrence. It also covers nutritional epidemiology.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course student will be able to promote healthy food choices amongst individuals, groups and communities and increasing awarness of the link between nutrition and health (local autority, school, risk groups),to use epidemiological studies to examine the relationship between nutrition and health and show familiarity with the demographic, social and economic aspects of life, how these may affect health ,to plan health promotion programmes and to play an active role in health education.
- Practical training: Dietary consumption. 24h recall. Food groups, WHO score individual consumption. Methods dietary habits (FFQ), nutrition history. Global food supply and availability. Database of nutrition content in food and the use in nutrition. Table of nutrition content (as bought, as prepared, edible part,as eaten). Software for method of 24h recall. Calculation of 24h intake in nutrients and energy. Nutrition status. Evaluation of nutrition status,anthropometrical methods, measurement. Evaluation of nutritional status - biochemical methods, cholesterol, HDL, TGs. Forms of dietary guidelines. Breastfeeding - case reports. Osteoporosis - calculation of calcium intake. Obesity - methods of slimming. Cognitive behavioral access. Project of epidemiological study. Preparation of model project. Preparation of intervention and education materials. Current questions in nutrition - function food, fat and sugar substitutes, alcoholin nutrition, GMOs, risks of alternative feeding. Critical learning of literature - evaluation and discussion on selected articles, TV spots, popular diets.
- Krause's food & the nutrition care process. Edited by L. Kathleen Mahan - Janice L. Raymond. 14th edition. St. Louis, Missouri: Elsevier, 2017. xvii, 1134. ISBN 9780323340755. info
- LEE, Robert D. and David C. NIEMAN. Nutritional assessment. Sixth edition. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education, 2013. xii, 500. ISBN 9780078021336. info
- MÜLLEROVÁ, Dana. Výživa těhotných a kojících žen. 1. vyd. Praha: Mladá fronta, 2004. 119 s. ISBN 8020410236. info
- MÜLLEROVÁ, Dana. Zdravá výživa a prevence civilizačních nemocí ve schématech. Vyd. 1. V Praze: Triton, 2003. 99 s. ISBN 8072544217. info
- KLEINWÄCHTEROVÁ, Hana and Zuzana BRÁZDOVÁ. Výživový stav člověka a způsoby jeho zjišťování. Vyd. 2., přeprac. Brno: Institut pro další vzdělávání pracovníků ve zdravotnictví v Brně, 2001. 102 s. ISBN 8070133368. info
- Teaching methods
- class exercises
- Assessment methods
- written test, slideshow
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- BVDP0521 Bachelor's thesis I
- BVOD051c Subject - specific didactics
- BVVP0533c Nutrition in health promotion and public health III- exercises
- BVVP0533p Nutrition in health promotion and public health III - lecture
- BVDP0521 Bachelor's thesis I