LF:VLFZ041 Selected lectures from Physiol - Course Information
VLFZ041 Selected lectures from PhysiologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PharmDr. Petr Babula, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Markéta Bébarová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Kamil Ďuriš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Jaromír Gumulec, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Michal Masařík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Marie Nováková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Zuzana Nováková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Michal Pásek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Tibor Stračina, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jana Svačinová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Gabriela Řezníčková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Markéta Bébarová, Ph.D.
Department of Physiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Physiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( VSBI0222p Biology II-lect. || VLBI0222p Biology II-lect. ) && ( VLFY0321c Physiology I - practice || VSFY0321c Physiology I - practice )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL) (4)
- Course objectives
- Goal of these lessons is to enlarge students´ knowledge in selected physiological topics with partial overlap to pathophysiology and with elucidation of the clinical use of basic physiological knowledge.
- Learning outcomes
- Student should be able:
- to discuss aspects of physiological events at various organizational levels (e.g. cell death, circadian rhythm, highest function of the nervous system);
- to consider physiological aspects of some pathologies (e.g. arterial hypertension, ischemic heart disease, inherited arrhythmias);
- to describe study methods of cardiovascular physiology at various organizational levels (e.g. analysis of variability of circulatory parameters, recording of action potentials and ionic currents in cardiac cells, mathematical modelling of cardiac cell function);
- to consider the role of reactive oxygen species, cytoskeleton function and sigma receptors in physiological processes;
- Glandula pinealis, circadian rhythm; The highest functions of nervous system – psychological and socials aspects; Cellular movement, function of cytoskeleton; Physiology of cell senescence and cell death; Methods of experimental cardiology ; Role of reactive oxygen species in physiological processes; Physiological aspects of major cardiovascular pathologies: arterial hypertension, ischemic heart disease ; Sigma receptors: history, function, clinical consequences; Cardiac action potential and underlying ionic currents: methods, physiology and selected pathologies; Mathematical modelling in physiology; Evaluation of variability of circulatory parameters; Examination´s technique in cardiology
- recommended literature
- BORON, Walter F. and Emile L. BOULPAEP. Medical physiology. Third edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2017. xii, 1297. ISBN 9781455743773. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching in the form of lectures.
- Assessment methods
- The presence list has to be signed by all participating students at each lecture. To obtain the credits, maximally 3 absences per semester are allowed.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.