LF:MNKV0933c Community nutrition III - Course Information
MNKV0933c Community nutrition and health care in selected population groups IIIFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lucie Martykánová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Veronika Suchodolová (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Halina Matějová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc.
Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MVDr. Halina Matějová
Supplier department: Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 17:00–18:30 A21/111, Tue 9:00–10:40 A21/107
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MNKV0822c Community Nutrition and h.c.II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Nutrition therapist for child nutrition and Nutrition therapist for adult nutrition (programme LF, N-SZ)
- Course objectives
- Students gained knowledge will be able to education of members of the communities in the area nutrition therapy and community nutrition, assessment of risks arising from improper nutrition and implementation of measures to gradually improve the nutritional status of the monitored community to design and develop a project focusing on nutritional intervention for selected population group
- Practical training will be focused on assessing the nutritional status of selected population groups, implementation expertise in proper nutrition, compiling dietary guidelines for different groups of people of all ages with various disabilities , communication and education of members of the communities in the area therapeutic nutrition, risk assessment resulting from improper nutrition and implementation of measures to gradual improvement in the nutritional status of the monitored community, assessing the effectiveness of proposed corrective measures, design and project development with a focus on nutritional intervention for selected population groups
- BOYLE, A., HOLBEN, D.,H. Community nutrition in action: An entrepreneurial approach, Brooks/Cole, 4. vyd., 2006, 704 s.
- Teaching methods
- class exercises,fieldwork, group project with practical application in the field
- Assessment methods
- fulfilling requirements,presentation of the project and its application, write an essay on the topic of food and nutrition policy
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.