LF:MNKV0933c Community nutrition III - Course Information
MNKV0933c Community nutrition and health care in selected population groups IIIFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Jindřich Fiala, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Halina Matějová (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Mgr. Leona Mužíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Veronika Suchodolová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc.
Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MVDr. Halina Matějová
Supplier department: Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Tue 14:00–15:40 C15/309
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MNKV0822c Community Nutrition and h.c.II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Nutrition therapist for child nutrition and Nutrition therapist for adult nutrition (programme LF, N-SZ)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquire knowledge for the education of members of individual communities in the area of nutrition and non-medical nutrition, analysis and evaluation of the risk of incorrect nutrition and implementation of measures to gradually improve the nutritional status of the monitored community. Part of the course is also the issue of addictions in the work of a dietitian.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will be able to analyze and solve the nutritional problem of the community. The output of the course is the justification, design and development of a project focusing on nutritional intervention for a selected population and its practical implementation.
- Practical training will be focused on assessing the nutritional status of selected population groups, implementation expertise in proper nutrition, compiling dietary guidelines for different groups of people of all ages with various disabilities , communication and education of members of the communities in the area therapeutic nutrition, risk assessment resulting from improper nutrition and implementation of measures to gradual improvement in the nutritional status of the monitored community, assessing the effectiveness of proposed corrective measures, design and project development with a focus on nutritional intervention for selected population groups
- recommended literature
- DUYFF, Roberta Larson. Academy of nutrition and dietetics complete food and nutrition guide. 5th edition. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2017. xii, 802. ISBN 9780544520585. info
- not specified
- BOYLE, A., HOLBEN, D.,H. Community nutrition in action: An entrepreneurial approach, Brooks/Cole, 4. vyd., 2006, 704 s.
- Teaching methods
- class exercises,fieldwork, group project with practical application in the field
- Assessment methods
- fulfilling requirements,presentation of the project and its application, write an essay on the topic of food and nutrition policy
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.