PdF:FJ1066 French Literature 17th-19th - Course Information
FJ1066 French Literature 17th-19th CenturyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Marcela Poučová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D.
Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Barbora Hůrková
Supplier department: Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- French Language for Education (programme PdF, B-FJ3S) (3)
- Course objectives
- The students of the course gain knowledge of history of French language and culture and will master skills needed to understand the importance of French literature in European and world cultural development. The profiles of the authors are set into cultural and historical context and give the students the insight into the problematics of French culture and society of the given period. The goal of the course is to gain knowledge of French literature of the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries, define and characterize different artistic movements and their main features, illustrate the theory in the concrete texts. The students get actively acquainted with the most important pieces of French literature thanks to readings of chosen texts and audio and video presentations. The students learn how to use the basic instruments of literary texts analyses in an independent manner.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able: - to learn the history of French literature of the given period; - to define mains elements of differentiate individual literary styles; - to illustrate the theory by means of texts; - differentiate individual literary styles of the given period; - to categorise them chronologically and compare them reciprocally; - to apply the acquired knowledge in composing written reports for seminars and in BA theses.
- 1. Originality of French classicism. 2. The period of Enlightenment. 3. French romanticism and its specifics. 4. Realism and naturalism. 5. Symbolism
- Lepape, P. (2006). Země literatury. Brno: Host, 2006.
- Charpentier, M. (1988). Littérature, textes et documets, XVIIIe siècle. Livre du professeur. Paris: Nathan.
- Šrámek, J. (2012). Panorama francouzské literatury: od počátku po současnost. Brno: Host.
- Poučová, M. (2007). Literatura v kontextu české a světové kultury – Francie. Dostupné z: http://www.ped.muni.cz/weng/literatura/index.html
- KYLOUŠEK, Petr. Classicisme et Âge des lumieres : textes choisis (Classicism and Enlightenment : anthology). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 190 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-7003-5. info
- KYLOUŠEK, Petr. Renaissance et baroque : textes choisis (Anthology of French Renaissance and Baroque Literature). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013. 208 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6450-8. Digitální knihovna FF MU info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, Seminary, discussion, presentation.
- Assessment methods
- Workshop Ending: credit. Requirements for ending: meet the workshop requirements and the active participation (70%). Test (as a successful test is considered one with at least 70 % right answers).
- Language of instruction