PdF:SZ6645 Theory and Practice of Teachin - Informace o předmětu
SZ6645 Theory and Practice of TeachingPedagogická fakulta
- 0/1/0. 2 kr. Ukončení: z.
- Mgr. Jarmila Bradová, Ph.D. (přednášející)
Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D. (přednášející)
doc. RNDr. Eva Trnová, PhD. (přednášející)
doc. Mgr. František Tůma, Ph.D. (přednášející)
- doc. Mgr. František Tůma, Ph.D.
Katedra pedagogiky - Pedagogická fakulta
Dodavatelské pracoviště: Katedra pedagogiky - Pedagogická fakulta
- NOW ( SZ6642 School Education )
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je nabízen i studentům mimo mateřské obory.
- Mateřské obory/plány
- Speciální pedagogika (angl.) (program PdF, N-SPD)
- Učitelství anglického jazyka pro základní a jazykové školy (angl.) (program PdF, N-ZS)
- Cíle předmětu
- Learning outcomes: The key outcomes involve: (a) learner's comprehension using basic scientific terminology of didactics; (b) students apply basic scientific didactic terminology to describe, analyse, interpret and evaluate selected teaching situations, (c) using examples from practice students are able to characterize and select criteria of quality teaching and justify their relevance for everyday teachers' work.
- Výstupy z učení
- On completion of this course, the student will be able to: • use examples to identify, characterize and explain with comprehension selected criteria of quality of teaching and justify their relevance to everyday work of teachers; • propose a framework preparation for instruction of a chosen topic or thematic unit of study and apply it in practice, preparation of teaching chosen topic; • describe and critically evaluate communication and interaction of student teacher with pupils; • characterize and critically evaluate teaching methods and organizational forms, which they observed from a teacher educator or tried themselves during their teaching practice. If necessary, they propose suitable alterations; • considering the objective of instruction they provide an adequate way of pupil assessment; • explain with comprehension the objectives and evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of international comparative research.
- Main topics (syllabus): 1.-2. Actors and processes of instruction Contents: teacher and pupil in classroom interaction, quality and efficiency of instruction, organization of educational process, feedback in teaching. Outcomes: using selected video material of a lesson (from the Virtual classroom accessible at www.rvp.cz) students apply their knowledge and skills in an analysis of teaching process and evaluate its quality and efficiency. 3.-4. Teacher's preparation for instruction Content: The objectives of education, motivating pupils, relationship of teaching and learning, psychological-didactic transformation. Outcomes: Based on a critical evaluation of their own preparation for teaching, students will (a) assess accuracy of the formation of cognitive, affective and psychomotor objectives, (b) classify learning objectives and teaching tasks according to levels of Bloom's taxonomy of cognitive objectives, (c) critically assess the demandingness of learning objectives according to real abilities of pupils, (d) prepare working conditions and environment for disadvantaged as well as gifted pupils. 5.-6. Classroom organization and classroom management Contents: organization and management of the class in terms of coping with the behaviour of individuals and groups (Behaviour Management), a suitable climate for the support, development and learning of pupils (Classroom Management), organizational forms of teaching, management of interactions, activities, time and choice of suitable physical environment that supports pupils' learning (Classroom Organization), strategies to support positive classroom climate, setting rules when working with a group of pupils, specific role of a class teacher in classroom organization and classroom management. Outcomes: Students (a) will describe benefits of respecting approach and supporting communication on examples from thein own teaching practice, (b) will propose various ways of creating and maintaining a positive classroom climate, (c) on particular examples will apply appropriate strategies of pupils' disruptive behaviour and the ways how to cope with it. 7.-8. Teaching methods Contents: Teaching methods in teaching and learning, classification of teaching methods, choosing teaching methods, methods related to the content of the curriculum. Outcomes: Students (a) will name and describe teaching methods, (b) on an example of a particular teaching material will critically examine and verify suitability of chosen method in terms of pupil's learning style, teacher´s teaching style and necessity of a didactic transformation of a content. 9.-10. Pupil assessment Contents: Formative and summative assessment, normative and criteria evaluation, autonomous and heteronomous evaluation and validity of the assessment, competences, strategy of acquisition of key competencies. Outcomes: Students (a) use appropriate diagnostic methods and tools with regard to their strengths and weaknesses; (b) apply their knowledge and skills when suggesting methods of evaluating particular lessons / learning activities; (d) set the objective of instruction and adequate way of evaluating the level of its achievement. 11.-12. Testing pupils: International comparative studies Contents: test tasks, international comparative studies, TIMSS, PISA, TALIS, PIAAC, SIALS, strategy for preparation of pupils to develop 21st century skills Outcomes: Students (a) analyse and evaluate test tasks occurring in international comparative studies; (b) with the support of test questions appearing in international comparative studies they draw their own design of tasks that would verify the knowledge and skills tested in PISA and TIMSS; (c) based on practical experience, students acquire their own teaching strategies and methods suitable for development pupils' skills for the 21st century.
- Connelly, F. M. (2007). (Ed.). The SAGE handbook of curriculum and instruction. Thousand Oaks: SAGE.
- Výukové metody
- Assumptive learning activities and teaching methods used at seminars: group discussion, problem solving, self-study of scientific literature, processing and presentation of thesis by reading scientific literature, performance of ongoing tasks. Output skills that students acquire: analyse, critically reflect and use available scientific texts to support their professional arguments, systematize and use with comprehension basic scientific terminology when solving case studies.
- Metody hodnocení
- Giving feedback in lectures
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Další komentáře
- Studijní materiály
Předmět se bude realizovat pouze v případě, když si jej zapíše alespoň 10 studentů.
- Statistika zápisu (nejnovější)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/predmet/ped/jaro2019/SZ6645