PdF:OVp006 History of Ethics 1-lecture - Course Information
OVp006 History of Ethics 1-lectureFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Petr Jemelka, Dr. (lecturer)
Mgr. Slavomír Lesňák, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Slavomír Lesňák, PhD.
Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
- Mon 15:45–16:30 učebna 35
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( OVp007 History of Ethics 1-seminar )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Civics and Social Studies Basic with a view to Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Basics of Social Studies for Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course students should be able to: - compare and evaluate individual theories from the history of ethical thinking
- make reasoned decisions about specific moral problems
- 1)Introduction to the ethics. The myth as moral problem. 2) Herakleitos, sophist s doubt. 3) Demokritos and Epikuros. 4)Plato as theoretist of totalitarism. 5) Aristoteles - the meaning of freedom. 6) Stoicism- problem of fatalism. 7) The beginnings of christianity. 8)Machiavelli and the philosophy of history. 10) Hobbes. 9) Protestant ethics and the beginning of capitalism. 11) J. J. Rousseau- private ownership as the cause of social evil 12) I. Kant.
- required literature
- Dejiny etického myslenia v Európe a USA. Edited by Anna Remišová. 1. vyd. Bratislava: Kalligram, 2008. 894 s. ISBN 9788081011030. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Credit seminar. The fulfilling requirements of this course is quiz.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses