PdF:A2BP_ZAD2 Basics of English Methodology - Course Information
A2BP_ZAD2 Basics of English Methodology 2Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Ivana Hrozková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- A2BP_ZAD2/Kombi01: Fri 14. 2. 10:00–11:50 učebna 10, Fri 28. 2. 10:00–11:50 učebna 10, Fri 13. 3. 10:00–11:50 učebna 10, Fri 27. 3. 10:00–11:50 učebna 10, Fri 17. 4. 10:00–11:50 učebna 10, I. Hrozková
A2BP_ZAD2/Prez01: Thu 10:00–11:50 učebna 59, I. Hrozková
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( A2BP_PJ1B Practical Language 1B && A2BP_GR1B Grammar B && A2BP_SFFB Phonetics Seminar B ) || A2BP_SOZK Complex Exam
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Teacher Training in Foreign Languages - English Language (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Course objectives
- Students will get acquainted with basic didactic knowledge. Main objectives can be summarized as follows: being able to evaluate and choose teaching materials; being aware of what lesson management consists of and what teaching culture means; being able to understand the ways and techniques which are used to develop learner autonomy and will learn about what teacher self-reflection means and how to develop as a professional.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will:
- be aware what lesson management includes and will learn basic techniques for managing a class
- learn basic principles leading to selection, evaluation and use of teaching material
- learn what culture in language teaching means and will get some examples of activities
- understand how to promote learner autonomy and how to bring up an independent learner
- create and collect materials for their Student teacher protfolios.
- Lesson management
- Selection, evaluation and use of teaching material
- Teaching culture
- Independent learning
- A reflective teacher – professional development
- HARMER, Jeremy. How to teach English : new edition. Harlow: Longman, 2007. 288 s. ISBN 9781405853026. info
- UR, Penny. A course in language teaching : practice and theory. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. xiii, 375. ISBN 0-521-44994-4. info
- SCRIVENER, Jim. Learning teaching : a guidebook for English language teachers. Oxford: Heinemann, 1994. vi, 218 p. ISBN 0-435-24089-718. info
- HARMER, Jeremy. The practice of English language teaching. New edition. London: Longman, 1991. 296 s. ISBN 0582046564. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars, workshops, discussions, problem solving, self-study with on-line support.
- Assessment methods
- Requirements for getting credits: active participation in sessions, submitting a portfolio, one contribution to a discussion forum on moodlinka, one presentation, end-of-term test. Type of teaching: workshop, group discussion, student presentations.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2020/A2BP_ZAD2