PdF:HTP028 Russian for PhD Studies - C1 - Course Information
HTP028 Russian for PhD Studies - C1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Jekatěrina Mikešová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radim Herout (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radim Herout
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Language Centre
- The student should have a CEF (Common European Framework) C1 level of Russian language competence (in writing and speaking) to obtain recognition for this course code.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 22 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The AIM of this course is to verify that the student has at least a CEF C1 level of Russian in ACADEMIC WRITING and SPEAKING.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to analyze and interprete specialized texts and topic, identify and summarize the text. Will be able to speak independently and discuss specialized topics, write an essay.
- This is a COURSE CODE meant ONLY for RECOGNITION of LANGUAGE LEVEL. The student may choose one of the forms described in the ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA (see the section below) to fulfill both the WRITING part and SPEAKING part).
- There is NO class participation component.
- Матюхина Н.В. Методика подготовки эссе по заданной теме, Москва 2009
- Иванов П.И. Методика написания рефератов, Саратов 2000
- Teaching methods
- There are self-study materials, a bibliography and instructions for the student to consult..
- Assessment methods
- The WRITTEN PART of the exam can take one of the following forms (for which the student will submit):
A) an EXTENDED ABSTRACT whereby the original text should be 500-800 words long (without citations) and respect the following structure: •1) theme related to specialization •2) current state (of the research) and statement of limitations •3) methodology •4) results •5) discussion •6) bibliography
B) the THESIS of the dissertation or a related PROJECT (depending on the phase of study) in the length of 1000-1500 words and following this structure: •1) theme, defining the limits of the issue and key concepts •2) theoretical background •3) summary of the current state of knowledge/research
•4) methodology •5) preliminary results •6) expected or final results •7) discussion •8) bibliography
C)an ACADEMIC PAPER written by the student for publication in an academic journal
D) proof of MASTER'S STUDIES in Russian
The ORAL PART of the exam can take one of the following forms:
A) INTERVIEW with the examiner on a given topic (c. 30 min.)
B) submitting a certificate/proof of having given a PRESENTATION in Russian at an international conference
C) submitting a C1 (CEFR) level CERTIFICATE (in general or specialized Russian)
D) submitting proof of MASTER'S STUDIES in Russian
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: zkouška podle podmínek pro doktorské studium MU
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
Note related to how often the course is taught: konzultace.
General note: Kurz je určen pro studenty doktorského studia na PdF MU.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: konzultace.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Kurz je určen pro studenty doktorského studia PdF MU