FF:AJ69054 Translation: Borderline Cases, - Course Information
AJ69054 Translation: Borderline Cases, Current IssuesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus 3 credits for an exam). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Mgr. Jiří Rambousek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 14:00–15:40 G23
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 16/20, only registered: 1/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Course objectives:
After completing the course, the student will
- orientovat se v bibliografických informacích o překladech do a z češtiny a pracovat s údaji o vydaných překladech
- be able to identify texts and text elements that require specific translation procedures, and render them accordingly
- include in their activity as translators the awareness of some cultural issues that are not commonly connected to translating
The course consists of several topics that represent different views on translation. It deals with current events in the field of literary translation (translation awards and competitions, translation criticism, selected older and current arguments concerning translation; problems of bibliographies of translated literature), as well as some phenomena that can help us delimit the field of translation (borderline types of text; text as part of messages in other coding systems such as grafically presented information and formalized representations of information; very short texts; some culturally specific genres and formats and the possibility of their translation).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2019/AJ69054