FF:AJL21110 Practical English Exam - Course Information
AJL21110 Practical English ExamFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Simona Kalová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Linda Nepivodová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tereza Šmilauerová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Kateřina Tomková, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 15 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The exam is at Cambridge Proficiency Examination (C 2) level. The aim is to test students' knowledge of English.
- Learning outcomes
- Learners should be able to: 1. Demonstrate a broad knowledge and control of vocabulary. For example, idioms, collocations, fixed phrases, complementation, phrasal verbs, and semantic precision. 2. Demonstrate sound control of complex grammatical structures. 3. Demonstrate the ability to comprehend a long text, including detail, opinion, tone, purpose, main idea, implication, attitude, and also text organisation features such as exemplification,comparison and reference.
- The exam is at Cambridge Proficiency Examination (C 2) level. The exam is computer-based and consists of three parts: Listening, Use of English and Reading Comprehension. The duration of the written examination is 90 minutes.
- FICTUMOVÁ, Jarmila. Angličtina: Konverzace pro pokročilé.Topic-based Vocabulary for Advanced Learners (Topic-based Vocabulary for Advanced Learners). druhé upravené. Brno: Společnost pro odbornou literaturu - Barrister & Principal, 2008. 303 pp. ISBN 978-80-87029-40-4. učebnice info
- MOORE, Julie. Common mistakes at proficiency : --and how to avoid them. 1st pub. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2005. 64 s. ISBN 9780521606837. info
- SIDE, Richard and Guy WELLMAN. Grammar and vocabulary for Cambridge advanced and proficiency : fully updated for the revised CPE. Harlow: Longman, 2002. 288 s. ISBN 0582518210. info
- JONES, Leo. New progress to proficiency. 1st pub. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2002. 304 s. ISBN 0521007895. info
- GUDE, Kathy. Practice tests for proficiency. London: Bell & Hyman, 1985. 95 s. ISBN 0713523441. info
- ROBINSON, Carole. Themes for proficiency : with key. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1981. 286 p. ISBN 0194327779. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- To pass the examination students are required to attain 75% in the examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.