FF:DU5002 Doctoral presentations - Course Information
DU5002 Doctoral presentationsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D.
Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Theory and History of Arts (programme FF, D-OT4)
- Course objectives
- The course represents the major form of study as a basis for systematically conceived presentation of research according to individual study plans of students. The course is organized as a "conference" of doctoral students and serves not only as presentation of their actual state of work and research. The aim is also to provide practical and methodological support from senior academics and tutors, The course is also aimed to other student as stimulation for discussions and exchange of ideas.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to demonstrate an concise presentation of a paper ; a studnet will aquire competence for presenting and defending his/her research ; Studnets will be able to hold a discussion and define own research or discuss questions
- The schedule of the course reflects actual presentation of stdunents according their indivisula studnet plans. Each doctoral student will have presentation three times in his/her study to demonstrate the main steps i his/her research (preliminary, advanced, final/doctoral reading ).
- D'ALLEVA, Anne. Methods & theories of art history. Second edition. London: Laurence King Publishing Ltd, 2012. vi, 186. ISBN 9781856698993. info
- IVERSEN, Margaret and Stephen W. MELVILLE. Writing art history : disciplinary departures. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2010. x, 243. ISBN 9780226388267. info
- Cesty k vědě : jak správně myslet a psát. Edited by Břetislav Horyna - Josef Krob. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Nakladatelství Olomouc, 2007. 170 s. ISBN 9788071822233. info
- Kritické pojmy dejín umenia. Edited by Robert S. Nelson - Richard Shiff. Vyd. 1. Bratislava: Slovart, 2004. 572 s. ISBN 807145978X. info
- Teaching methods
- Presentation, discussion
- Assessment methods
- Presentation of a paper
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/DU5002