FF:DU5008 Dissertation - Course Information
DU5008 DissertationFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/2. 20 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D.
Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Ondřej Jakubec, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Art History - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Theory and History of Arts (programme FF, D-OT4)
- Course objectives
- A PhD thesis presents results of an individual research that were done within doctoral study. The thesis should contain original findigs to be published. The thesis proves ability of a student for academic work based on theoretical as well as practical abilities. The text of a thesis has to approve deep knowledge in the special field of art history that is dealt with. The thesis could be written in Czech, English , German, French or Italian language and the text must be formally perfect.
- Learning outcomes
- Competence for autonomou research work; definition and solving of a research issue.
- Individual character according to specification of a thesis.
- IVERSEN, Margaret and Stephen W. MELVILLE. Writing art history : disciplinary departures. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2010. x, 243. ISBN 9780226388267. info
- Cesty k vědě : jak správně myslet a psát. Edited by Břetislav Horyna - Josef Krob. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Nakladatelství Olomouc, 2007. 170 s. ISBN 9788071822233. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Thesis defense
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.