FF:ESDA05 History of Aesthetics - Course Information
ESDA05 History of the Western Aesthetics and Fine ArtsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Rostislav Niederle, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Petr Osolsobě, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Petr Osolsobě, Ph.D.
Department of Aesthetics - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Ing. Ivana Vašinová
Supplier department: Department of Aesthetics - Faculty of Arts
- All obligatory prerequisites of the curriculum fulfilled.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Writing and submitting a doctoral thesis, or its considerable part.
- Learning outcomes
- No regular teaching lessons. On occasion, doctoral students consult with their supervisors their work in progress.
- History of Art aims to arrive at an historical understanding of the origins, meaning and purpose of artefacts from a wide range of world cultures, asking about the circumstances of their making, their makers, the media used, the functions of the images and objects, their critical reception and – not least – their subsequent history. As well as educating students in the historical interpretation of art in its cultural contexts, a degree in History of Art provides skills in the critical analysis of objects through the cultivation of visual literacy. The acquired skills have broad applicability in a wide range of professional settings, as well as serving the needs of enduring personal enlightenment.
- Teaching methods
- On occasion, doctoral students consult with their supervisors their work in progress. PhD consultancy with supervisors. Students are to collaborate as closely as possible through face to face meetings, and email correspondence.
- Assessment methods
- A part of the future thesis is submitted directly to the responsible supervisor,who gives assessment and provides recommendation and feed-back.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Jen pro doktorandské studium !
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/ESDA05