FF:ESDA06 Concepts and Methods - Course Information
ESDA06 Concepts and Methods of the Aesthetic TheoryFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Rostislav Niederle, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Petr Osolsobě, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Rostislav Niederle, Ph.D.
Department of Aesthetics - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Ing. Ivana Vašinová
Supplier department: Department of Aesthetics - Faculty of Arts
- All obligatory prerequisites of the curriculum fulfilled.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Aesthetics (programme FF, D-OT4) (2)
- Course objectives
- Writing and submitting a doctoral thesis, or its considerable part.
- Learning outcomes
- No regular teaching lessons. On occasion, doctoral students consult with their supervisors their work in progress.
- Students will be able to explain and apply the basic concepts essential to a critical examination and evaluation of argumentative discourse, particularly such concepts as argument, premise, conclusion, inference, deductive validity, and inductive strength; Students should gain a basic appreciation of the nature and methods of the Humanities.
- The Routledge companion to aesthetics. Edited by Berys Nigel Gaut - Dominic McIver Lopes. 2nd ed. London: Routledge, 2005. xx, 705. ISBN 9780415327985. info
- Teaching methods
- On occasion, doctoral students consult with their supervisors their work in progress. PhD consultancy with supervisors. Students are to collaborate as closely as possible through face to face meetings, and email correspondence.
- Assessment methods
- A part of the future thesis is submitted directly to the responsible supervisor,who gives assessment and provides recommendation and feed-back.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Jen pro doktorandské studium !