FF:FJIIB969 French Creols - Course Information
FJIIB969 French CreolsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Bohdana Librová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Ladislava Miličková, CSc.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Dagmar Holoubková
- Tue 15:50–16:35 G23, Tue 16:40–17:25 G24, Thu 13:20–14:55 G23
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course intends to present the students with the following points:
- main features of Creole languages, those of the Indies, including the mastering of several typical linguistic structures
- identification of particularities of regional French of authors writing in Creole;
- genesis of Creoles and their position in the historical development of French
- 1) Constitution of the Creoles and their position in linguistic typology
- 2) Identity demands and Creole movements; contemporary linguistic policy
- 3) Creoles of the Indies; introduction to the grammar
- 4) Vocabulary, lexicography
- 5) Creole culture of the Indies: literature and music
- 6) Main phonetic features
- 7) The morphosyntax of the nominal and verbal group
- 8) Sentence syntax
- 9) Grammar words
- 10) Revision
- VINTILĂ-RĂDULESCU, Ioana. Le Créole français. 1976. 211 pp. ISBN 9027931542. info
- Assessment methods
- Exam - written test
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught only once.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2009/FJIIB969