FF:HV_704b Vocal Practice II - Course Information
HV_704b Vocal Practice. From Hymn to Renaissance IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Vladimír Maňas, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Vladimír Maňas, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Karafiát
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 10:00–11:40 N42
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 10 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course enables students to gain practical experiences with the repertoire of early music (i.e. before 1600) due to various ways of singing and analysing the pieces.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the semestr the student / singer should be able to sight read and will improve his skills and knowledge in the music of the middle ages and renaissance period.
- Plainchant (gradual, antiphonary)
- Invention and developement of polyphony
- Notre Dame, Ars Antiqua, Ars Nova
- oldest czech polyphony
- liturgical plays
- Codex Speciálník
- required literature
- Jaromír Černý (ed.), Historická antologiehudby v českých zemích (do cca 1530), Praha: KLP, 2005
- recommended literature
- Martin Horyna (ed.), Wenceslai Philomathis Musicorum libri quattuor, Praha: KLP, 2003
- Teaching methods
- Seminars: selected pieces to be sung together are sent to students at least a week before.
- Assessment methods
- Reguler attendance is necessary, short presentation over selected piece, activity in singing
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/HV_704b