FF:IM099a Videology I - Course Information
IM099a Videology. The Art of Moving Images IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Pavlína Míčová (lecturer), doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 4. 10. 10:00–12:40 N21, 14:00–18:40 N21, Fri 1. 11. 10:00–12:40 N21, 14:00–18:40 N21, Fri 29. 11. 10:00–12:40 N21, 14:00–18:40 N21
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Hlavním cílem kurzu je porozumění základům umění pohyblivých obrazů.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 150 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 76/150, only registered: 0/150, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/150
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The first part will show how to define individual trends, communities, groups, manifestos and aesthetics since the 1990s. The second part will present works by generationally close Czech and Slovak artists.
- - Contemporary world and Czech videoart from 1990s to present
- - Specifities of the videoart
- - Definitions of individual trends, communities, groups and manifestos
- - Themes and technologies of videoart
- - Video performance, activist and community videos
- - Aesthetics, formal practices, experiments with image and sound
- - Presentation and installation of the videoart
- - Perception and reception of the videoart
- Rush, Michael. Video Art. London: Thames and Hudson, 2003
- Rush, Michael. New Media In Late 20th Century Art. London: Thames and Hudson, 2003
- Náhradní obsah: Cubitt, Sean. Videography, Video Media As Art And Culture. New York: Routledge, 1993
- Náhradní obsah: Cubitt, Sean. Timeshift On Video Culture. New York: Routledge, 1991
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/IM099a