FF:IM099b Videology II - Course Information
IM099b Videology. Art of Moving Images IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Pavlína Míčová (lecturer), doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 8. 3. 10:00–12:40 N21, 14:00–18:40 N21, Fri 5. 4. 10:00–12:40 N21, 14:00–18:40 N21, Fri 3. 5. 10:00–12:40 N21, 14:00–18:40 N21
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 150 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 88/150, only registered: 0/150, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/150
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to explain the constitution and development of video as a new field of art in the US in 1968-1980.
- - Beginnings of videoart in the USA, 1968 - 1980 - First artistic groups in the videoart - Specifities of the videoart - Themes and artistic trends in videoart - Video performance, activist and community videos - Technology, formal practices, experiments with image and sound - Presentation and installation of the videoart - Perception and reception of the videoart
- Cubitt, Sean. Videography, Video Media As Art And Culture. New York: Routledge, 1993
- Rush, Michael. New Media In Late 20th Century Art. London: Thames and Hudson, 2003.
- Rush, Michael. Video Art. London: Thames and Hudson, 2003
- Cubitt, Sean. Timeshift On Video Culture. New York: Routledge, 1991
- Teaching methods
- Intensive course.
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2019/IM099b