FF:ISKM68 Kvantitativní analýza dat - Course Information
ISKM68 Kvantitativní analýza dat empirických šetřeníFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. David Lacko (lecturer)
Mgr. Čeněk Šašinka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Petr Škyřík, Ph.D.
Department of Information and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Alice Lukavská
Supplier department: Department of Information and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Methodology for Information and Library Studies 1 and 2; thesis assigned.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 10 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/10, only registered: 0/10, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/10
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 15 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to help students with data analysis for their own thesis. The course follows the Methodology for Information and Library Studies 1 and 2. Specific issues of data analysis are consulted.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- plan data collection;
- choose adequate methods and customized them for own purposes;
- perform data analysis in statistical software;;
- perform data visualisation;
- report results;
- interpret results.
- The aim of the course is help students with data analysis of their own data. The course is based on individual consultations of data analysis of research projects. The statistical software, e.g. SPSS, Microsoft Excel, JASP or R, will be utilized.
- HENDL, Jan. Přehled statistických metod : analýza a metaanalýza dat. Páté, rozšířené vydán. Praha: Portál, 2015. 734 stran. ISBN 9788026209812. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual consultations.
- Assessment methods
- To pass the colloquium, a student has to make a project of the data analysis and conduct the data analysis and the interpretation of the results.
- Language of instruction
- Teacher's information
- It is recommended to take this course when the student has or during the semester will have his/her own data to data analysis.