FF:JPN321 Reading Japanese II - Course Information
JPN321 Reading Japanese IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Marek Mikeš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Ivan Rumánek, PhD. et PhD
Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- JPN311 Japanese Language V
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/40, only registered: 1/40
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course is dedicated to students in their third year, who are familiar with the principles of Japanese language and script. Its goal is to solidify the students' ability to read Japanese texts. For the classes, that are taught in the form of seminars, the students will be required to individually prepare assigned texts to discuss their meaning in class. During the course, the students will familiarize themselves with the structure and specifics of authentic unedited japanese texts of different genres. At the same time, the students deepen their knowledge of Japanese vocabulary and script through reading texts on Japanese culture, improving their general knowledge of Japan in the process.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon finishing this course, the students will be able: -to understand the structure of authentic Japanese texts -to better understand written Japanese
- 1. introductory lesson 2. reading of selected texts from Eigo de yomu nihonshi 3. reading of selected texts from Eigo de yomu nihonshi 4. reading of selected newspaper articles 5. reading of selected newspaper articles 6. reading of selected texts from Bunsho wa setsuzokushi de kimaru 7. reading of selected texts from Bunsho wa setsuzokushi de kimaru 8. reading of a selected text from Kimagure robotto 9. reading of a Japanese contract 10. reading of a selected specialist text based on the are of interest of the students 11. reading of selected texts from Murakami asahido 12. reading of selected texts from Murakami asahido
- YAMAGUCHI, Nakami. Nihongo no rekishi. Tokio: [s.n.], 2006. vi, 230. ISBN 4004310180. info
- Teaching methods
- Practise in reading and interpreting texts.
- Assessment methods
- Final translation test with the use of vocabularies, regular quizes on vocabulary. Active attendance is required.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Zápis mimo japanistiku je podmíněn souhlasem vyučujícího.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/JPN321