FF:KLA_022 Bachelor's Thesis Seminar I - Course Information
KLA_022 Bachelor's Thesis Seminar IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Věra Klontza, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Balázs Komoróczy, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ing. Monika Koróniová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tomáš Jirák (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tomáš Štěpánek (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Jan Jílek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Věra Klontza, Ph.D.
Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Šibíčková
Supplier department: Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 10:00–11:40 M22
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Student consultations with the thesis advisor, which take place based on the needs of the student and with a focus on quality and completedness of the work. The diploma thesis addresses a scholarly issue at a level appropriate to the degree being pursued. In the diploma thesis the student must demonstrate the ability to work independently in keeping with academic standards, a knowledge and understanding of the relevant scholarly literature and the ability to analyze the issue under study.
- Learning outcomes
- After successfull passing the course, students will be able to:
- self-reliant research and critical evaluation of relevant bibliography - define the theme, main aims and research questions of the work - comprehend the theory, methodology and cognition processes of its work - reference correctly according to the required standards
- The goal of the diploma seminar is to assist the student in completing the diploma thesis and prepare him for its successful defence. This timetable for the consultations is arranged on an individual basis.
- Further literature for the diploma thesis seminar is assigned on an individual basis based on the topic of the thesis. | (in Czech) Literatura pro diplomový seminář je předepsána individuálně podle tématu práce.
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Teaching methods
- regular consultations and discussions about research questions, main problems of the topic and bibliography
- Assessment methods
- The advisor gives the course-unit credit for the semester on the basis of progress and student-advisor consultations
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.