FF:KSCB726 Political System PRC - seminar - Course Information
KSCB726 Political nd Social System of PRCFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Bc. Magdaléna Rychetská, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Denisa Hilbertová, M.A. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Lucie Olivová, MA, Ph.D., DSc.
Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Bc. Magdaléna Rychetská, M.A., Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 16:00–17:40 B2.43
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- TYP_STUDIA ( N )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Culture Studies of China (programme FF, N-MS)
- Course objectives
- The course illustrates the basic course Pol. and Soc. System of PRC. It aims at reading of selected secondary sources, orientation in media and more detailed and in depth framework of chosen topics. The goal of this course is to introduce the basis characteristics of contemporary Chinese political system, it's strategies, long term goals and challenges. Focus will be on inner cooperation of CCP, it's leaders and the Party's hierarchy.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the students will be able to:
- complete the image of Party's ideology
- use specific terminology
- discuss CCP´s strategies and soft power tactics
- restate the information from primary and secondary sources
- 1. What does endanger the legitimacy of CCP? 2. Grooming and selection of new party members 3. Protests in China, can they be successful? 4. PRC and conflicts - international relations and inner policies
- required literature
- Routledge handbook of the Chinese communist party. Edited by Willy Wo-Lap Lam. First published. London: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018. xx, 421. ISBN 9781138684430. info
- Politics in China : an introduction. Edited by William A. Joseph. New York: Oxford University Press, 2010. xvii, 437. ISBN 9780195335316. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars, discussions
- Assessment methods
- essay, class activity, presentation
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Posluchači Kulturních studií Číny povinně ukončují zkouškou.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Posluchači Kulturních studií Číny povinně zapisují v 1. semestru studia.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2021/KSCB726