FF:PO1A001 Practical Portuguese I - Course Information
PO1A001 Practical Portuguese IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/2. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Maria de Fátima Baptista Nery Plch (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Iva Svobodová, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
Mgr. Silvie Špánková, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Iva Svobodová, Ph.D.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 8:00–11:40 G11
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PO1A001/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. M. Baptista Nery Plch
- There are no prerequisites for the course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Portuguese Language and Literature (programme FF, B-PO_) (3)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquire basic language skills (grammatical structures and vocabulary). At the end of this course the student will be able to communicate in simple everyday situations (ask for basic information related to accommodation, meals, understand advertisment, commercials and short newspaper articles; fill in official forms; orientation in space)
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will be able to: - communicate in simple everyday situations - ask for basic information related to accommodation, meals; - understand advertisment, commercials and short newspaper articles; - fill in official forms; - orientation in space
- Work sheets and other related texts are continually added to the text book (unit 1-6), which should help the students acquire the discussed subject-matter. Active student participation is expected. Each lesson consists of three areas - communication skills, lexical component on a particular topic, grammar section.
- use of articles in Portuguese
- personal pronouns
- verbs SER, ESTAR, TER
- regular and irregular verbs
- present indicative
- past indicativ
- indefinite pronouns
- demonstrative pronouns
- interrogative pronouns
- adverbs of place
- required literature
- Carla Oliveira, L. Coelho, M.J. Ballmann, Aprender Português 1 níveis A1/A2
- D.Monteiro, B.Pessoa: Guia Prátivo dos verbos portugueses, Lidel Ed. 1999
- recommended literature
- Gramática Activa I - II - LIDEL- 2002
- Ana Tavares, Português XXI- 1,, livro do aluno e de exercícios, Lidel Ed., 2005
- Jaroslava Jindrová,Mlýnková: Portugalština, LEDA-2001
- Casteleiro, J.M.: Lusofonia I, Didactica - Icalp Ed.
- Coimbra, O.: Portugues sem Fronteiras I, Lidel Ed.
- Teaching methods
- The classwork has a form of seminar. There are analysed texts, grammatical structures and vocabulary. The discussed subject-matter is practised.
- Assessment methods
- Seminar, participation is not mandatory; credit: two mid-term tests, final credit test (dictate, verbs, understanding a short text, a short composition, grammar section; to pass is needed at least 70%).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/PO1A001