FF:PSMB042 Career Kick-off - Course Information
PSMB042 Career Kick-offFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Libor Komárek (lecturer)
Mgr. Michaela Odehnalová (lecturer)
PhDr. Zuzana Slováčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Zuzana Slováčková, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 21. 2. 12:00–13:40 B2.23, Thu 28. 2. 12:00–13:40 B2.23, Thu 7. 3. 12:00–13:40 B2.23, Thu 21. 3. 12:00–13:40 B2.23, Thu 28. 3. 12:00–13:40 B2.23, Thu 11. 4. 12:00–13:40 B2.23, Thu 18. 4. 12:00–13:40 B2.23, Thu 25. 4. 12:00–13:40 B2.23, Thu 2. 5. 12:00–13:40 B2.23, Thu 9. 5. 12:00–13:40 B2.23, Thu 16. 5. 12:00–13:40 B2.23
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 70 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 25/70, only registered: 0/70, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/70
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, N-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- With this course you will have the opportunity to gain insight into different types of hiring methods, you will understand the career planning process and improve your communication skills. Next, you will discover your strengths and weaknesses, develop the necessary competences for your future career and explore opportunities offered by the job market. After completing the course, you will be able to work further on your specific skills that you will use in practice to gain greater certainty in finding an internship, a part-time job, or entering the job market after graduating.
The method of teaching is largely interactive using coaching and incorporating the CMS (Carreer Management Skills) concept used in the Nordic countries. At the same time you will have the chance to choose topics for 1/4 of the lessons based on your career direction and career issues.
- Learning outcomes
- • Has knowledge about career planning and does not get anxious during the hiring process
• Can create a high-quality CV and Cover Letter;
• knows where to find relevant information to help him/her with the job market and his/her career development;
• knows the demands of employers and can identify the key skills and competencies required by the current labour market in the Czech Republic;
• Recognizes his/her competencies, abilities, motivations and personality prerequisites considering their applicability;
• Improves his/her communication skills and develops not only his/her strengths but also works on his/her weaknesses;
• learns to ask the right questions and perceive other people through coaching techniques;
- Fixed topics (Fixed list of topics discussed):
- • Establishing a career goal
- • Transferable competencies and their development
- • Career direction
- • Curriculum vitae and motivation letter
- • Action Plan
- • Hiring process
- Supplementary topics (Optional topics that will or will not be taught based on your preferences):
- • Employment law
- • Organization skills
- • Stress management
- • Personal branding
- • Interviews
- • Psychological diagnostics
- • Financial thinking
- SLOVÁČKOVÁ, Zuzana, Pavla HORÁKOVÁ and Dušan RENDOŠ. Průvodce personální psychologií. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. Elportál. ISBN 978-80-210-6885-8. url info
- BELZ, Horst and Marco SIEGRIST. Klíčové kompetence a jejich rozvíjení : východiska, metody, cvičení a hry. Translated by Dana Lisá. Vyd. 2. Praha: Portál, 2011. 375 s. ISBN 9788073679309. info
- ARMSTRONG, Michael. Armstrong’s handbook of human resource management practice. 11th ed. London: Kogan Page, 2009. xxvi, 1062. ISBN 9780749452421. info
- WHITMORE, John. Koučování : příručka rozvoje vlastních dovedností a zvyšování výkonnosti. Translated by Aleš Lisa. 1. vyd. Praha: Management Press, 1995. 125 s. ISBN 8085603756. info
- Teaching methods
- Interactive course management, work in groups, homework.
- Assessment methods
- Performance on short assignments, activity in lessons, Colloquium, completion of the initial and final questionnaire and one minute self introduction video.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2019/PSMB042