FF:RLB164 Reading of Arabic Texts II - Course Information
RLB164 Reading of Arabic Religious Texts IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 3 credit(s) (plus 2 credits for an exam). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PhDr. Miloš Mendel, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. David Zbíral, Ph.D.
Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Šárka Londa Vondráčková
Supplier department: Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 14:10–15:45 pracovna
- RLB103 Arabic IV || RLKB103 Arabic IV
As prerequisities for this course is required succesful finalization of courses RLB 103 Arabic for students of Religious studies. The eventuality of participation in the course by students of another branches of study will be judged individually.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course consists in deepening of the knowledge accomplished in the course RLB 103 and its application in the reading of Arab texts of religious character in the way of grammatical and semantical interpretation. After succesful finalization of the course student will be able to work with a simple text of Arabic language of religious nature, to translate other (unknown) texts of similar level and to use respective dictionaries of Arabic.
- Original Arab texts of a religious content (chozen by the lecturer), predominantly simple explanations of basics of the Islamic doctrine, fragments of the life of Prophet Muhammad and elementary texts of the juridical nature.
- Oliverius Jaroslav: Kapitoly ze syntaxe moderní spisovné arabštiny, Karolinum, Praha 1998
- Teaching methods
- The course consists in the translation, interpretation and content analysis (Grammar, semantics of Islamic terms, Islamic realities).
- Assessment methods
- The participation in readings, the home study and preparation, succesful translation of a text, short translation of unknown text.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2016/RLB164