FF:RLDTP3 Publishing an Article - Course Information
RLDTP3 Publishing an ArticleFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 30 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Michaela Ondrašinová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. David Zbíral, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. David Zbíral, Ph.D.
Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Ivona Vrzalová
Supplier department: Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Study of Religions (programme FF, D-PH4) (2)
- Course objectives
- As the outcome of the course, students submit the final published text of an academic article on which they worked under the supervision of their supervisor. Thus, the course has to be enrolled in the semester which immediately follows the publication of the article. The article has to be thematically connected to the project of a dissertation research, e.g. it discusses theoretical or methodological aspects of the dissertation or a partial topic of the dissertation research. The article must be published in a journal which is for the given year listed at least in one of the following databases/lists: Web of Science, SCOPUS, ERIH or the list of the Czech peer-reviewed journals.
- Learning outcomes
- After passing the course, students are able to:
- write an article which complies with the standards of an academic publication and is able to succeed in a review process of an academic journal enlisted in a target database;
- edit the text of an article accepted for publication and prepare its final version linguistically as well as formally (editing references according to a particular bibliographical norm, preparing abstract and keywords etc.);
- understand practical issues of the review process and publishing academic texts;
- work efficiently with a constructive criticism of their text and react adequately to it in a professional and factual manner.
- Publication of an article (before the enrollment of the course).
- Presentation of the published article to an academic audience, promotion of the article.
- required literature
- Cesty k vědě : jak správně myslet a psát. Edited by Břetislav Horyna - Josef Krob. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Nakladatelství Olomouc, 2007. 170 s. ISBN 9788071822233. info
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga and Alena MILTOVÁ. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách : několik zásad pro začátečníky. Vydání první. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2005. 209 stran. ISBN 9788086429403. info
- recommended literature
- MACGILCHRIST, Felicitas. Academic writing. Paderborn: Ferdinand Schöningh, 2014. 190 stran. ISBN 9783825240875. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual work of the student on an article with the help of her/his supervisor.
- Assessment methods
- During the examination period, students submit the final (published) version of their article to the Homework Vaults in the Study Materials of the course. Pre-print articles which have not been yet officially published are not accepted. The article must be published in a journal listed in the Web of Science, SCOPUS or ERIH databases or in the List of peer-reviewed journals published in the Czech Republic. Secondly, it is necessary to create a record for the article in the IS > Publications (the type J "Article in a journal"). Please check the field “transfer the publication/outcome record to the RIV database” and then fill in all required entries.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/RLDTP3