FF:UCJXJ03 M.A. thesis - Course Information
UCJXJ03 M.A. thesis (in linguistics)Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Hladká, Dr. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Velebová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Hladká, Dr.
Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Submitting the M.A. thesis corresponding with supervisor’s assignment and with requirements relating to formal aspects and to minimal extent of thesis as stated in valid regulations of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University.
- Learning outcomes
- Having participated in the course, students will be able: • to formulate aim, methodology, synopsis and annotation of a work for the purpose of qualification; • to search and process independently relevant scholarly sources, depending on the topic of the thesis; • to search and process independently relevant didactic and pedagogical sources, depending on the topic of the thesis; • to propose adequate methods of collecting material for the thesis and to collect the material on this basis; • to describe, analyze, interpret and evaluate independently the collected material; • to propose didactic processing of a selected language phenomenon for the secondary school level; • to write the thesis in accordance with requirements for this type of works.
- The thesis deals with a partial linguistic problem, corresponding with the M.A. study programme Teaching Czech language and literature at secondary schools. The topic is treated either from the didactic perspective or from the scholarly perspective, but in this case, a didactic reflection of the selected topic is a part of the work or of some of its sections. Students are expected to prove the ability to work with scholarly, didactic and pedagogical sources, to collect and evaluate material of scholarly or didactic character, to draw conclusions, to propose application of the gained knowledge for the purpose of teaching at secondary schools. Not only must the final text correspond with requirements for this type of works as far as the contents is concerned, it must also follow the norms for citations and to meet requirements relating to its formal aspects.
- Literatura pro magisterskou práci je předepsána individuálně podle tématu práce.
- Teaching methods
- Individual consultations.
- Assessment methods
- The supervisor will check whether the submitted thesis corresponds with the assignment and with requirements of this type of outputs for the purpose of qualification.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2021/UCJXJ03