FF:US_183 Poster and advertising graphic - Course Information
US_183 False realization of art: poster and advertising graphics until the middle of the 20th centuryFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Helena Maňasová Hradská, Ph.D. (lecturer), PhDr. Dagmar Koudelková (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Dagmar Koudelková
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Karafiát
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 9:10–10:45 N51
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 40 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of lectures is to acquaint to students posters and graphik design (with special attention to the advertising task) from the end of the 19th century till the time of the Second world war: tasks of styles, formulas and themes that the visual medium used in persuasive communication.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to describe the main topics of the subject, reflecting the context of the advertisement of the period.
- 1-introduction – soap bubbles and 7 methods how to display the exclamation mark. 2-before 1890 3-after 1890 4-after 1890 at our place in Austria 5-The new German poster 6-Stramm und blau: praxis 7-20s 1918-1926 looking for styles and methods 8-The world of photomontage: interational style in advertising 1929-1938 9-Cassandre and comp.-variety of Modernism in commercial poster 1926-1938 10-Visual grammar and persuasion during the 30s 11-Advertising and Propaganda: acceleration
- LITERATURA Základní (přehledová): Knobloch, Iva – Vondráček, Radim (eds), Design v českých zemích 1900 – 2000. Academia 2016. Hollis, Richard, Stručná historie grafického designu. Rubato 2014. Kolesár, Zdeno, Kapitoly z dějin designu. VŠUP v Praze 2006/2
- Teaching methods
- lecture, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- seminar paper
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2017/US_183