FF:ROMFJIBXP Preparatory Language Seminar I - Course Information
ROMFJIBXP Preparatory Language Seminar IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Ing. arch. Anežka Sedláková, Ph.D. et Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Petr Dytrt, Ph.D.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- ROMFJIBXP/01: No timetable has been entered into IS. A. Sedláková
ROMFJIBXP/02: Mon 17:30–19:05 K23, A. Sedláková
ROMFJIBXP/03: Thu 17:30–19:05 K22, A. Sedláková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/50, only registered: 0/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The preparatory seminar is primarily intended for students of Italian, Spanish or Portuguese who wish to master French on a level enabling them to enroll in Language Seminar I - IV as well as taking B-credit courses taught in the French language.
- Pronunciation (based on listening exercises), accent, intonation, constructions.
- Greetings, forms of address. Pronunciation practice.
- The statement, the question. Reading simple texts.
- Statement intonation, rhythmical group, articles, the verb faire.
- Constructions, the plural in nouns and adjectives. Dictation.
- Intonation, nasal vowels, zero articles, adjectives.
- Grammatical gender (nouns), definite and indefinite articles. Reading texts.
- Open, closed and end vowels. Future tenses. Prepositions after expressions of quantity. Dictation.
- Practicing constructions, dependant possessive pronouns. Irregular feminine adjective formation. Reading texts.
- Demonstrative pronouns and independent personal pronouns. Pronunciation practice.
- 3rd grade verbs, zero articles, numerals. Dictation.
- Review of pronunciation, grammar and reading.
- Phrasing, imperative formation, personal pronouns in positive commands. Recent past.
- Reading texts, reflexive pronouns, pronoun adverbs y and en. Dictation. Composed past tense, infinitive constructions, irregular verbs.
- Pronunciation practice.
- Past tense with reflexive verbs, emphasis, irregular plural formation. Dictation.
- Pronouns' position in sentence, prepositional constructions. Conversation.
- Reading texts. Interrogative pronouns. Infinitive constructions.
- Grading adjectives. Ordinal numbers. Pronunciation practice.
- Partitive article. Imperfect tense. Dictation.
- Word derivation, partitive article with abstract words, pronouns: le, la, les. Reading texts.
- Present subjunctive. Irregular grading of adjectives, verb conjugation.
- Future tense, present conditional, conditional clauses. Dictation.
- Past subjunctive. Review.
- PRAVDA, Miroslav and Marie PRAVDOVÁ. Francouzština pro samouky. Dotisk 2. vyd. Voznice: LEDA, 1999. 463 pp. ISBN 80-85927-07-1. info
- Teaching methods
- Listening, repetition after recording, text reading, drills, explication of the vocabulary, grammar presentation, application of the novel grammar and vocabulary in exercices, class and group discussion, homeworks - translation of Czech sentences to French.
- Assessment methods
- Credit – written test. Once enrolled in the course, attendance is mandatory.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Nemohou zapisovat posluchači oboru francouzština.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- MED17 Practical French I
!FJIA003 && !obor(FJ) && !program(B-FJ_) && ! ROMFJIB2XP && !ROMFJIBXJ && !ROM1BFR01 && !MED29 && !MED23 && !NOWANY(MED23, MED29, ROMFJIBXP, ROM1BFR01) && !PdF:FJBV_FPZ4 && !PdF:FJ0004 && !PdF:FJBV_FPZ3 && !PdF:FJ0003 && !PdF:FJBV_FPZ2 && !PdF:FJ0002 && !PdF:FJBV_FPZ1 && !PdF:FJ0001 && !PrF:MP109Z && !FSS:CJVF101 && !FSS:CJVF401 && !PřF:JFP01 && !ESF:BKJ_JFJ1 && !ESF:BPJ_JI1F && !ESF:MKJ_JFJ2 && !ESF:MPJ_JIIAF && !ESF:MPJ_JII1Fa && !NOWANY(PdF:FJBV_FPZ1, PdF:FJBV_FPZ3, PdF:FJ0001, PdF:FJ0003, PrF:MP109Z)
- ROM1BFR02 Practical French II
- MED17 Practical French I