FF:KSCX01 Modern Chinese I - Course Information
KSCX01 Modern Chinese IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jiří Plucar, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Lucie Olivová, MA, Ph.D., DSc.
Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Jiří Plucar, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- KSCX01/01: Thu 14:10–15:45 zrusena M12, J. Plucar
KSCX01/02: Wed 12:30–14:05 M22, J. Plucar
- ! OBOR ( KSC )
Course does not require any knowledge of Chinese in advance.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/40, only registered: 0/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- After the course, students will reach A1 level (CEFR Common Reference Levels) in the Chinese language in these four abilities: - speaking: Students will be able to reproduce conversation schemes in basic conversation situations given by the textbook (Učebnice moderní čínštiny I.) At the same time they will independently apply the conversation schemes and acquired vocabulary to other interactive conversation situations. - reading: o Reading Comprehension: Students will be able to read basic conversation texts given in the textbook (Učebnice moderní čínštiny I.). At the same time they will be able to apply acquired grammar, vocabulary and the reading principles to unknown texts, and increase necessary reading comprehension. - writing: Students will acquire basic principles of writing Chinese characters and understand their structure. Students will be able to actively reproduce any written text in the textbook (Učebnice moderní čínštiny I.) Students will be able to use acquired skills to produce their own wrtitten text. - listening and comprehension: Students will be able to identify and comprehend conversation situations in the textbook Moderní čínština pro nesinology.
- 1. Introduction: basic information on the Chinese language, Chinese phonetics (initials, finals), new vocabulary L1
- 2. Lesson 1: phonetic exercise, grammar: word order in a Chinese sentence, questions, adverbs.
- 3. Lesson 1: phonetic exercise; how to write Chinese characters, conversation exercises, new vocabulary L2
- 4. Lesson 2: phonetic exercise, grammar: questions, adjectives, measure words, grammar exercises
- 5. Lesson 2: phonetic exercise; Chinese characters, reading, grammar exercises, new vocabulary L3
- 6. Test, grammar and conversation exercises
- 7. Lesson 3: phonetic exercise; grammar: adjectives, counting, deictic words, attributes
- 8. Lesson 3: phonetic exercise; Chinese characters, reading, grammar exercises, new vocabulary L4
- 9. Lesson 4: phonetic exercise; grammar; reading
- 10. Lesson 4: phonetic exercise; Chinese characters; reading; grammar and conversation exercise
- 11. Repetition
- required literature
- Kol. autorů. Moderní čínština pro nesinology. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého, 2011.
- recommended literature
- UHER, David, Xuemin LIU and Jakub VYKOUKAL. Učebnice čínské konverzace. Vydání první. Praha: Leda, 2007. 223 stran. ISBN 9788073351090. info
- TŘÍSKOVÁ, Hana and Drahomír ILLÍK. Česko-čínská konverzace. Edited by Tchang Jün-ling Rusková. Praha: Academia, 1991. ISBN 8020003886. info
- not specified
- Švarný, Oldřich a David Uher: Hovorová čínština. Úvod do studia hovorové čínštiny [Colloguial Chinese. An Introduction to the Chinese Language]. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého 2001, 190 p. ISBN 80-244-0298-X.
- Teaching methods
- The course, having a form of language training, is based on the textbook: Moderní čínština pro nesinology which was designed especially for this course at Palacký University (Olomouc). The emphasis is put on even cultivation of four basic language competencies: speaking, reading, writing, listening and comprehension. Phonetic and gramatical exercises are stressed, different syntactic structures are trained with respect to specific contexts through exercises in class and homework.
- Assessment methods
- Minimum to complete the course: total evaluation Total grade is based on: attendance, homework, final test 75%
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses