FF:PBSNPA2 Educational policy - Course Information
PBSNPA2 Educational policyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Milada Rabušicová, Dr. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Petr Novotný, Ph.D.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Ivana Klusáková
Supplier department: Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Social Education and Counselling (programme FF, N-PD)
- Course objectives
- Educational policy The course deals with the educational policy as a part of the large concept of social policy within various types of the welfare state and with the development of the educational policy in the Czech Republic in the 90s. The course puts the Czech educational policy into connection with educational strategies of the European Union and OECD member countries. In the conclusion attention will be paid to the selected topics of the contemporary educational policy in this country.
- 1. Educational policy as a part of a broader concept of social policy in various types of the social state (developments, actors, principles, and areas).
- . 2. Development of Czech educational system in the second half of the 20th century (part I).
- . 3. Development of Czech educational system in the second half of the 20th century (part II).
- . 4. Development of Czech educational policy from 1990s to the present and its analysis, particular changes that took place and their evaluation. Temporal classification of Czech educational reforms.
- .5. Educational strategies in the EU as the context for Czech educational policy. Principles of educational policy in the EU.
- . 6. Activities and educational strategies of OECD member states as the context for Czech educational policy. Principles of educational policy in the OECD.
- . 7. Life-long learning for all principle – concept, problems, examples of solution.
- . 8. Equal education opportunities principle – concept, problems, examples of solution.
- . 9. Employability principle – concept, problems, examples of solution.
- . 10. Social solidarity and social relevance principles – concept, problems, examples of solution.
- . 11. Internalization in education principle – concept, problems, examples of solution.
- . 12. Human resources development and quality management in Czech and EU education.
- RABUŠICOVÁ, Milada. Public policies for Early Childhood Education in the Czech Republic. In Early Childhood Education, An International Encyclopedia. 1st ed. Westport, Connecticut, London: Praeger Publishers, 2007. p. 1031-1034. 4. Vol. ISBN 0-313-34143-5. info
- PRŮCHA, Jan. Vzdělávání a školství ve světě :základní mezinárodní komparace vzdělávacích systémů. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 1999. 319 s. ISBN 80-7178-290-4. info
- Teaching methods
- Combination of theoretical lectures with class discussion, presentations of individual projects.
- Assessment methods
- lecture, seminar, seminar thesis presentation and written exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.