FF:PSMA002 Clinical Psychology - Course Information
PSMA002 Clinical PsychologyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Marek Blatný, DrSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Stroupková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Eva Vášová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Monika Vodová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Marek Blatný, DrSc.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- each even Wednesday 12:00–13:40 B2.43
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PSMA002/02: each even Monday 18:00–19:40 C51, L. Stroupková, E. Vášová, M. Vodová
PSMA002/03: each odd Monday 16:00–17:40 C51, L. Stroupková, E. Vášová, M. Vodová
PSMA002/04: each odd Monday 18:00–19:40 C51, L. Stroupková, E. Vášová, M. Vodová
- Neuroscience; Biology; Introduction to Clinical Psychology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, N-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- The purpose of the course is to develop students' clinical-psychological understanding and thinking regarding people suffering from mental disorders.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students should be able to understand and explain key topics and issues related to psychological prevention and psychotherapy of mental diseases, and subsequently use this information in their own clinical practice.
Students will build up a knowledge base that will help enhance their capacities for clinical-psychological reasoning, introspection, perceptiveness and sensitivity in face-to-face conversation, empathy, cooperation skills, and self-reflection. Students will be able to accurately identify, describe and categorize emotions, different types of experience, prevailing behavioural patterns and dominant traits in the client. They will also learn to integrate these observations into a holistic perspective of the client emerging from and functioning within the context of cultural, social, developmental, and other factors.
- 1. Chronically ill patient, patient with physical or mental disability: issues, therapeutic approach and work with a cancer patient including psycho-oncology, with a patient with chronic pain, learning disability or intellectual disorder. 2. Working with an adult patient during his / her life: initial intervention in a patient with psychosis, family intervention and psychosis, working with patients with personality disorder, systematic care for a senior patient. 3. Working with specific populations: post-traumatic disorder (postpartum or abortion, after accident, after catastrophic event, complex patient), therapeutic approaches to trauma treatment, eating disorders, sexual health, automutilation and suicidal behavior. 4. Clinical risk assessment in outpatient and institutional care.
- required literature
- Beinart, H., Kennedy, P., Llewelyn, (Eds.) (2009). Clinical psychology in practice. NYSE: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Barlow, D.H., Nathan, P.E. (Eds.) (2011). The Oxford handbook of clinical psychology. Oxford: OUP.
- Vymětal,J.(2003): Lékařská psychologie.Portál,Praha.
- Praško a kol.(2003):Poruchy osobnosti.Portál,Praha.
- recommended literature
- Tschuschke, V. (2004). Psychoonkologie. Portál, Praha.
- Baštecká a kol.(2003):Klinická psychologie v praxi.Portál,Praha.
- BALINT, Michael. Lékař, jeho pacient a nemoc. Translated by Vratislav Janda. Vyd. 1. české. Praha: Grada, 1999. 331 s. ISBN 8071697346. info
- Garfielld, S. L.: Clinical psychology and psychotherapy. J.W. and Sons, New York, 1980.
- PLANTE, Thomas G. Současná klinická psychologie. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2001. 444 s. ISBN 8071699632. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and seminars
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam, written essay.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information