FF:IJIA953 Syntax and Textuality - Course Information
IJIA953 Syntax and TextualityFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Egle Mocciaro, Dottore di Ricerca (lecturer)
doc. Paolo Divizia, Dottore di Ricerca (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- Egle Mocciaro, Dottore di Ricerca
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 8:00–9:40 G22
- IJIA015 Practical Italian IV || IJ1A004 Practical Italian IV
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course is aimed at developing an articulate awareness of the main themes of sentence syntax (simple and complex) and its relationship to textuality.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will develop their metalinguistic competence, in particular on the following topics: - Syntax: forms and functions - The sentence: form and meaning - The sentence nucleus - Grammatical relations - Continuum of transitivity - Sentence and utterance - Complex sentence: forms and functions - Coordination and subordination - Syntax and textuality
- - Syntax: forms and functions - The sentence: form and meaning - The sentence nucleus - Grammatical relations - Continuum of transitivity - Sentence and utterance - Complex sentence: forms and functions - Coordination and subordination - Syntax and textuality
- M. Prandi (2011), Le regole e le scelte. UTET.
- M. Prandi, P. Cuzzolin, N. Grandi, M. Napoli (2021), Orizzonti della linguistica. Roma: Carocci.
- Lecture notes during the course
- A. Sobrero, Introduzione all'italiano contemporaneo. Le strutture. Bari: Laterza, 1993 (e edizioni successive).
- A. Sobrero, A. Miglietta (2006), Introduzione alla linguistica italiana. Bari: Laterza.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, seminars, workshops (with active involvement of students).
- Assessment methods
- Written examination (analysis of a text on the basis of the categories of analysis practised), 2 hours, followed by an oral discussion, if deemed necessary by the teacher or requested by the candidates.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2021/IJIA953