PřF:Bi0077c English for Plant Biol. - pr. - Course Information
Bi0077c English for Plant Biologists - practiceFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Ing. Miloš Barták, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- prof. Ing. Miloš Barták, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Naděžda Bílá
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Bi0077c/01: Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Thu 17:00–17:50 A13-332, M. Barták
Bi0077c/02: Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Mon 14:00–14:50 A13-332, M. Barták
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( Bi0077 English for Plant Biologists )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 700 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 49/700, only registered: 1/700, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/700
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 24 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course, a student should be able to: 1) hold conversation of each plant biology-related topic 2) explain in details his/her field of study 3) point out pecularities of recent and emerging techniques and methods used in plant biology
- Vocabulary, terminology, principals of (1) General botany (2) Plant cell, tissue, organs, (3) Processes in plants (4) Plant ecology and ecophysiology (5) Plant biochemistry (6) Plant biophysics (7) Plant biotechnologies (8) Plants as food source (9) Plant genetics and molecular biology 10) Activities in a laboratory and in the field 11) Typical plants for continents, regions and countries 12) Plants in real life of a men
- A dictionary of plant sciences. Edited by Michael Allaby. Rev. ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006. 510 s. ISBN 0198608918. info
- Teaching methods
- The practical training consists of the following items: interactive tests, filling-in exercises, blind schemes, free and moderated conversitions, discussions on hot topics, short translations Cz-Engl, Engl-Cz), testing of proper pronounciation, and many others.
- Assessment methods
- short written test combined with oral examination
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2018/Bi0077c