PřF:FD020 Mod. opt. imag. met. demo. - Course Information
FD020 Priciples of modern optics imaging methods - demonstrationsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Mojmír Meduňa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Petr Mikulík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Jana Jurmanová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- FD010 Princ. mod. opt. imag. met.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Using laboratory work in groups, the main objective of the lecture is to provide the students with the ability to
- list and describe selected modern imaging methods: mainly optical but also electron, x-ray microscopy and atomic force microscopy
- apply these methods in particular measurements
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- assemble basic optical devices in optical laboratory;
- work with a dark field microscope;
- work with a polarizing contrast microscope;
- work with an interference microscope;
- 1. Two beam interference, time and spatial coherence of the light 2. Interference contrast of Zeiss-Epival microscope 3. Linear polarization of light, polarizatoion microscope 4. Interference of ordinary and extraordinary beam, contrast at double refraction samples 5. Microscope, function of field lens 6. Method of light and dark field by optical microscope 7. Digital image recording 8. Atomic force microscopy (AFM) 9. X-ray imaging methods 10. Microscopy in technological clean rooms
- required literature
- PRINCIPY MODERNÍCH OPTICKÝCH ZOBRAZOVACÍCH METOD – PRAKTIKUM návody - Na internetu: http://www.physics.muni.cz/~mjme/files/FD020-PraktikumModOptZobrMet-Navody-2013.pdf
- Teaching methods
- group projects, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Laboratory reports - processing and description of laboratory experiment
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Note related to how often the course is taught: po domluvě se studenty možná bloková výuka.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2020/FD020