PřF:XS450 Communication skills training - Course Information
XS450 Communication skills trainingFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Petr Holík (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Přibyla (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petr Sucháček (seminar tutor)
Bc. Roman Szomolai (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Vrtalová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Zdeněk Bochníček, Dr.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- XS450/01: Mon 20. 2. to Mon 22. 5. Tue 15:00–16:50 J4, P. Holík
XS450/02: Mon 20. 2. to Mon 22. 5. Tue 18:00–19:50 J4, R. Szomolai
XS450/03: Mon 20. 2. to Mon 22. 5. Wed 18:00–19:50 J4, H. Vrtalová
XS450/04: Mon 20. 2. to Mon 22. 5. Thu 12:00–13:50 J4, P. Sucháček
XS450/05: Mon 20. 2. to Mon 22. 5. Mon 12:00–13:50 J4, R. Szomolai
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 165 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 8/165, only registered: 0/165, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/165
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to improve students' ability to interact and communicate (ie listening and speaking) with people. Training outcomes are necessarily dependent on individual dispositions, but after the course each student should be able to:
To create and deliver a good short speech (5 min. Such as a personal introduction)
To structure a complicated idea, so that could be communicated to the audience.
To analyze the specific communication situation (eg conflict with the student) and propose a way to improve
- Areas of training:
- Presentation Skills:
- Nonverbal expression - eye contact, movement of the speaker ...
- Short forms (5 min): personal presentation, Pecha Kucha ...
- "Capture the essence"
- Improvised performance on a given topic
- Structure your speech - how to deliver comlicated topic
- Communication skills:
- Active listening
- Asking questions
- Specialsituations: personal feedback, communication in conflict situations
- Dealing with emotions - labeling, expressing emotions, ...
- recommended literature
- PLAMÍNEK, Jiří. Konflikty a vyjednávání : umění vyhrávat, aniž by někdo prohrál. 2., aktualiz. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2009. 136 s. ISBN 9788024729442. info
- PLAMÍNEK, Jiří. Komunikace a prezentace : umění mluvit, slyšet a rozumět. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2008. 176 s. ISBN 9788024727066. info
- not specified
- M.B.Rosenberg: Nonviolent communication
- Teaching methods
- Active training (individualy or in groups) thourgh tasks and activities followed by review or feedback.
- Assessment methods
- Homeworks are required during the semester. (max 30 minutes a week, typically the preparation of a short spoken presentation, reading the theory or watching specific lecture) Credit is awarded for active participation in lessons
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses